Author Topic: (*PAGE EXAMPLES - reply #31*) "Dark Shadows" Returns in October (in new comic form)  (Read 42124 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
TFAW hasn't sent mine out yet either.  Charmed has shipped but no DS....we will see.  I wonder if they are going to use different artists. Some of the paintings are great and look just like looks the actors. 

I love the storyline so far. I wonder if they will address things such a Roxanne Drew, etc.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Charmed has shipped but no DS....we will see.

That's interesting. One would think they would have shipped both in the same envelope to save themselves postage. But who knows? And as you say, we will see...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I stopped by my local shop this afternoon to ask them to hold a copy of issue 2 for me.  The guy said that according to the list they have received, they are getting three copies of that issue.

I may or may not be able to swing by and collect it tomorrow or Thurs.  I leave town for a few days on Friday--flying down to Fla. to visit my elderly parents in their retirement community.

If I do get it I will report here.

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
My comic store lists DS #2 in tomorrow's shipment, yay!

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
Thanks for the kind words, Midnite, VictoriaWinters & Mysterious Benefactor!  [santa_smiley]

Got a notice that the TFAW shop will be sending a shipment 'soon' (which I believe is a few days, in their view), which will consist of issue #2. Oddly enough, they still have #3 as 'arriving' December 14th, but as long as I get it eventually, I'll be happy. I sorta wanted to read 2 before 3 anyway!

For those looking for it elsewhere, there are abunch of them listed on eBay for sale:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_nkw=dark+shadows+2&_catref=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1538

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for the link to the preview pages, Sara!  [santa_smiley]  Quentin fans should be happy because most of the panels do indeed resemble Selby - some quite well.

I haven't heard a peep about my issue yet - but there's still plenty of day left for it to ship and for them to e-mail me. Though one thing I do find fascinating is that supposedly those sellers on eBay have copies of issue #2 (or at least claim to have copies), yet Dynamite's own Web site says that issue #2 "is not currently in-stock and we are waiting to receive that item." What's wrong with that picture? Or perhaps it's simply a case that they've already mailed out all the issues they had. Though the friend I mentioned back in November who couldn't order through TFAW because were already out of stock ordered through Dynamite - and he hasn't heard a peep out of them. Has anyone here ordered through Dynamite's site? And if so, have you heard from them?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Wow.  You mean Quentin isn't played by Engelbert Humperdinck in this version? ?  Guess I will have to look elsewhere for my Tasmanian Devil this Yule *wink*.

Apologies to people under 40 who haven't a clue what I'm nattering on about...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Wow.  You mean Quentin isn't played by Engelbert Humperdinck in this version? ?  Guess I will have to look elsewhere for my Tasmanian Devil this Yule *wink*.

Well, eBay is selling all sorts of Gold Key DS comics - perhaps you can find Tasmanian Quentin there.  [santa_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
So, has anyone gotten their hands on a copy of issue #2?

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i just got mine home. other than a quick skim on the subway i haven't really dove in.

i will say i'm glad i called 'forbidden planet' early this morning and had them put one aside for me. when i went into the store to pick it up there was only ONE copy left on the rack. i suppose there could have been more in the stockroom but still it seems to be doing quite well.

more deets later...
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
Picked up mine -- the only one at the comic shop!  I've read it through twice ... a LOT happened.  I feel like I missed an issue, story-wise.  I actually checked, just to make sure, but -- nope!  It's only #2.
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, imagine my shock when I just discovered issue #2 in my mail - without any e-mail to say it had even shipped, which it did on the 20th. Apparently I must have checked my credit card too early. And what's really interesting is that the shipment was even more protected than the first one - it came in a plastic bag with a cardboard, in a stiff envelope with a cardboard, in another stiff envelope with a cardboard. Obviously they wanted to stress that it should not be bent.  But I'm not about to complain about the overkill.  [santa_wink]

The only complaint I might have is that I didn't get the cover I was hoping for. I received Francesco Francavilla's cover A (Barnabas inside the hand) rather than Aaron Campbell's cover B (Barnabas standing next to his portrait). But hey  - I'm not about to complain - I can live with it.  [santa_smiley]

Now to read the issue...

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Turns out my copy WAS shipped yesterday. Crossing my fingers I'll get it to read for Christmas.  [8_2_73]

Also, Dynamite has the cover & description up for #6! :

http://dynamite.net/htmlfiles/viewProduct.html?CAT=DF-Dark_Shadows

The art for the covers continue to be just awesome, imo. I especially like the alternate one for #4, shown on the left side of http://dynamite.net/htmlfiles/viewProduct.html?PRO=C72513018398900411

& for anyone hoping to pick up the first few issues cheaply, the first trade paperback is due out in March! http://dynamite.net/htmlfiles/viewProduct.html?PRO=C160690275X

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I picked it up and just finished my first read-through of the mag.  I have to say I am not all that thrilled with the direction the story is taking.  The art also had definite dodgy moments in this installment.

I'm guessing we won't see issue 3 till sometime in Feb.   

cheers, G.