Author Topic: Another New Slideshow  (Read 40692 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Another New Slideshow
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2009, 05:04:04 AM »
I mean, bits of rotted carrion-eaten flesh littering the front lawn are one thing, but any "scandal" in the local press would be absolutely unacceptable.

But of course!  [hall2_grin]

I'm glad it's getting close to the time when I do my annual drive-through of my favorite highlights of the Leviathan story...

Leviathans will be starting up as part of the Watching Project at around mid-November. If you can wait that long, why not do so and take part.  [hall2_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 05:17:43 PM »
Further on deleted scenes from NoDS--I got out the DS Movie Book this past weekend and was reading NoDS cinematographer Richard Shore's fascinating description of a Quentin/Angelique lovemaking sequence that was filmed in the swimming pool with lots of "trippy" lighting and effects.  Stills exist, but the sequence itself was deleted from the MGM release print.  This is all detailed in Darren Gross' excellent article about the making of the two DS features.

Anyone out there remember whether the swimming pool makeout sequence is among the footage that was recovered by Darren?

I did happen to find the part in the script for the piano sequence and smirked all over again at the interchange between Laura and Ange.  Ange is so catty when she says "Laura my darling..."

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2009, 12:49:24 AM »
Sadly, if I'm remembering correctly, I don't believe the dream sequence is part of the recovered footage. I'm thinking that the only things that remain of it are clips in the various NoDS trailers and stills like these two:

But if I'm wrong, Darren will certainly correct me. And if I'm wrong, I would be very happy to be so.  [hall2_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2009, 12:55:41 AM »
Wow, MB, I know I've never seen either of those two stills!  Truly way out!

This really seems to emphasize the "Witchy" aspect of the thrall Angelique held over Charles...

Love it!  Thanks for sharing!

Best, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 01:12:13 AM »
If you don't have a copy of the NoDS script and you're wondering why it is that the scene of[spoiler]Charles and his horse about to trample Strak to death[/spoiler]is in the slideshow today, well, it's because it should be placed later in the film than it appears in the edited version that MGM demanded. The scene was never meant to be a part of Quentin's dream. It is supposed to take place after Quentin has been reading, he's drawn to the portrait of Angelique, and he runs from the house rather than give in to his "horrible temptation" to go to the tower room. However, while sitting outside, he has the memory of[spoiler]Charles killing Strak[/spoiler]- and that and not simply being drawn to Angelique's portrait is what prompts him to give in and to return to the tower room.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2009, 01:10:21 AM »
Quote:[spoiler]NoDS: Scene #150 - Quentin (to Angelique): 'How could I have ever thought you were a dream?'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]After Quentin has gotten rid of Tracy, he goes back into the tower room where we notice that he has been working on Charles' unfinished painting of Angelique. He picks up his brush, does something, then looks off screen and smiles. The camera pans in the direction of his gaze to reveal the "strangely opalescent" Angelique, who lies on the cot, holding out her arms to him. Quentin then crosses over to her and delivers the line. Quite obviously Tracy was right to suspect that someone else was in the tower room.[/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »
No NoDS photo/caption today, 11/17?  I see only an empty little white box with a red x...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 10:51:50 PM »
Sorry about that. A few different things conspired to keep me from putting up that capture/quote on time (as well as doing several other things on the forum), but it's up now (and the other things will follow in due time).

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2009, 11:20:20 PM »
Many thanks, and I apologize if I was nagging.

Hope your day improves (my own has been less than stellar, alas).

Best,

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2009, 12:45:07 AM »
No worries - you didn't come across as nagging at all. Actually, I was glad to see that someone had been wondering where it was.  [hall2_smiley]  Normally I'm at least a few days ahead, but time just got away from me this week. Though thankfully the delay was only for a cut/trimmed scene.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2009, 01:10:02 AM »
Quote:[spoiler]NoDS: Scene #172A - Tracy (to Angelique): 'I know you're up there. But I won't let you have him. I'll never leave! Never!'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]Shortly after having been molested by Quentin, Tracy gets out of bed, crosses to the bedroom window, looks up to the tower room, and delivers today's quote.
(Not having any photos from the sequence, I'd always wondered if I'd ever get to see anything from it, and I was very pleased when I first saw it show up as recovered footage in one of Darren's NoDS presentations.)[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2009, 01:04:17 AM »
Quote:[spoiler]NoDS: Scene #181 - Claire (to Alex): 'We can't fight her. She has so much power. Alex, maybe we should go to Quentin now.'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]In the aftermath of Angelique's attack on Alex, Claire and Alex discuss what to do next.[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2009, 01:04:19 AM »
Quote:[spoiler]NoDS: Scene #216 - Quentin (softly): 'Tracy, try to understand the way I feel. I have such a tenuous hold on myself that --'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]Quentin is alone with Tracy for the first time since attempting to drown her. He holds and comforts her, trying to find a way to explain.[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2009, 01:00:45 AM »
Quote:[spoiler]NoDS: Scene #217 - Quentin: 'There's only one way we're going to end this. We've got to get back in there and find Carlotta because she's the one who's keeping the spirit alive --'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]Today's quote differers from what's on the calendar. In Scene 216, Quentin was originally intended to say to Tracy "There's only one way to end it. We've got to back in there and face it down --" But when the film was reedited and so much was cut, today's quoted voiceover was added to Scene 217 to explain things.[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2009, 01:15:07 AM »
Quote:[spoiler]NoDS: Scene #218 - Quentin: 'In a dream I had, Gabriel threw Charles into a small dark room.'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]Today's quote differers somewhat from what's on the calendar. For Scene 218, Quentin originally delivered the line as "Gabriel and two men locked Charles Collins in a small dark room," but the scene was subsequently reworked, and the line as it appears in the slideshow is taken from DC's script. The scene takes place on the portico as Quentin, Tracy, Alex and Claire stand near the front door, getting ready to go in - but first Quentin explains about his dream and how there's something in the house they've got to find.[/spoiler]