Author Topic: Another New Slideshow  (Read 40708 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Another New Slideshow
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »
Today's entry in the Movies Slideshow is another that departs from what's listed on the Movies Calendar. Once again the quote on the calendar was taken from the March 10th version of the NoDS script, but before shooting revisions were made to Scene #85 - revisions that aren't even in the March 31st version of the script. With regards to the portrait Charles is working on, the calendar lists the quote: Angelique (to Charles): 'You're never going to finish it. I just won't let you go,' which is very different from what Angelique says to Charles in the film.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 08:51:23 PM »
I'm honestly surprised that no one has deduced and remarked that apparently Angelique had a hairdresser at her ready and hidden somewhere in the tower room during NoDS Scene #85:

NoDS: Scene #85 - Angelique: 'Bring the painting to life,
Charles.'

NoDS: Scene #85 - Angelique: 'I'll go with you. But don't
any of you touch me!'

Obviously said hairdresser must have popped out and done an extremely quick fix of Angelique's hair during the ruckus between Gabriel, Charles, Strack, and the henchmen.  [ghost_cheesy]  But, of course, a good heavy petting session can really be hell on a fancy 19th century hairdo - and one does want to look one's best when one is going off to certain death.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:11 PM »
Angelique's hairdo kabuki in these shots reminds me of the mysteriously appearing and disappearing wiglets when Ange was tricked by Sky into making a trip to the airport off Little Windward Island, so as to give Jeb the opportunity to have his way with Carolyn.

Today's shot (9/1) of Carlotta was really boss.  I had to keep coming back to it because there was something so familiar about it.  Then I realized that the angle and the lighting really emphasized a resemblance I'd never before seen between Carlotta and the late Wayland Flowers' "special friend," Madame. 

Perhaps the two were "separated at birth"?  *wink*

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 09:56:53 PM »
Here's the capture in question:

Madame, huh. Well...

And here's a bonus from when you were on vacation:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 12:00:34 AM »
If you don't have a copy of the NoDS script and you're wondering why is that scene of Gabriel taunting Charles in the slideshow today, well, that's because it should be placed later in the film than it appears in the edited version that MGM demanded. Quentin does indeed have a dream that includes that sequence, but it's supposed to take place after he goes to bed after having attacked Gerard while thinking he was Gabriel - not on his first night at Collinwood. The reworked version of the scene between Charles and Gabriel that I alluded to in reply #6 precedes the taunting. Sadly, all that currently remains of it as the film now stands is its use as a voiceover in Quentin's first night dream.  [ghost_sad]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »
Anyone have any idea who the actor who is standing behind Chris Pennock's left shoulder (i. e. to his right from the viewer's p. o. v.)?  You can barely see him in this shot, but he has a long drooping moustache and an interesting and somehow, vaguely familiar face.

It's not James Storm on his other side, is it?

cheers, G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 04:36:27 PM »
The face of the guy on the right is in full view here:
Night of Dark Shadows

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 12:16:15 AM »
And the same situation today as with yesterday's capture/quote - the scene of Quentin mumbling (and Tracy trying to wake him) should have been at this point in NoDS rather than in the beginning.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 03:45:12 AM »
Today's entry in the Movies Slideshow is yet another that departs from what's listed on the Movies Calendar. Once again the quote on the calendar, which was: Alex (to Quentin): 'Angelique Collins was married to a man named Gabriel, but was really in love with his bother, your favorite painter, Charles,' was replaced in part at some point not indicated by DC's script by the lines[spoiler]NoDS: Scene #111 - Alex (to Quentin): 'You already know about Charles Collins. But do the names Gabriel and Laura mean anything to you?'[/spoiler]

Today also marks the first of an 11 day streak of quotes taken from Scene #111, a sequence in which Alex [spoiler]tries to use info found in Collinwood's own library to convince Quentin that his so-called daydreams are actually much more.[/spoiler]

Also, the photo used to illustrate this scene was generously provided by Darren Gross when he learned I didn't have any photos from the scene in my own collection. Thanks a million, Darren. And some fans may also recall that this scene was shown during Darren's NoDS presentation at the '04 Fest in Tarrytown.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 05:18:22 AM »
The image is gorgeous!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 12:10:27 AM »
Cut Scene #116 takes place the morning after Quentin has had his painting gear moved from the tower to the gallery. It's mostly a little scene that establishes the playfulness in Quentin and Tracy's relationship - something that is barely on display in the film as it stands now because it basically goes from one crisis to the next. Though there is one significant fact that's revealed in the scene. But that won't come up in the slideshow until the 6th...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Grayson Fiercely Rules
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 11:44:49 PM »
Dear Fans,

back from a lovely weekend awash in vivid fall colors up in Ontario--and who greets me upon my return but none other than Carlotta Drake at her most fervently FIERCE.  If I recall correctly, the gown Grayson wears in this scene really flatters her complexion, which I believe in somebody's taxonomy of physical "types" is actually described as "autumn."

Really special to be greeted by the sight of my special DS Goddess upon my return here!  I love the snap of Roger-the-Zombie, which has a distinctly Ed Wood look to it, too.

cheers, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 12:28:18 AM »
Carlotta was recently feature in three consecutive captures:

NoDS: Scene #117 - Carlotta: 'Do you remember that little
girl you thought you saw at the window the other day?'

NoDS: Scene #117 - Quentin: 'Yes.'

NoDS: Scene #117 - Carlotta: 'That little girl was Sarah
Castle. She lived in this house over one hundred and fifty
years ago.'

And there are more to come...

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 05:15:51 AM »
Carlotta is so beautiful in that scene--and to think it's Grayson looking up at a painting and talking about some 'young girl' this time...
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 02:56:12 AM »
This probably isn't the right place to post this ... but I didn't want to start a new thread. Today's screen capture from NODS (from a deleted scene?) is great. It looks like a step back in time. I didn't always appreciate Chris Pennock and David Thayer look like they really are from another era. Something about the composition of the photo is striking! It makes me wish for a restored version of the film, which had so much more to it before the studio-mandated cuts and recutting basically ruined it, IMO.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995