Author Topic: To YOU who is the hottest male on the original?  (Read 12808 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: To YOU who is the hottest male on the original?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 12:25:25 PM »
Miss Winthrop, I think Emerald Rose meant the younger Garner, but I have to agree with you.  Young Frank Garner was a little too sweet to be hot, but the elder, Richard, had the basics.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 04:50:30 PM »
Barnabas, Quentin, Willie, Nicholas, Chris, Ben.... [not in any particular order except Barnabas and Quentin ARE my first choices].  Actually I think all the main male actors added a degree of "hotness" to their characters, depending on the scene they shared with another.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 09:31:59 PM »
Barnabas is it for me.

Second would be Quentin. Third would probably be Willie in the earlier episodes.

I think Chris and Joe were both cute, but cute is different than hot for me. Mitchell Ryan's Burke was classically handsome, but I didn't find him hot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »
Yeah HOT and CUTE are two different things!  QUENTIN was definately HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 05:32:04 PM »
why, willie loomis, of course!  [ghost_blink]

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 06:01:36 PM »
I hate to say it, but teeth yellow a bit in middle age.  Smoking isn't necessary for that to happen.   Actors usually get their teeth capped to get around this.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »
I don't know about "hot" but I've always loved Roger Davis' voice.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Joy Collins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31:10 PM »
Two words: Don. Briscoe. [love10]

Barnabas is definitely sexy. Especially in the early days because he's all mysterious. [vampy] But he definitely keeps his sex appeal throughout the show (except when he's playing Bramwell, but I just plain don't like Bramwell); period clothing suited Jonathan Frid really well.

And, even though we're all well aware of this, I have to add that David Selby is definitely very handsome. But, in my opinion, once Quentin dropped the Victorian costumes and stopped being such a jerk, he wasn't all that sexy anymore. He wasn't the same without that edge he had in 1897 (most of 1897, anyway). [woryb]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 11:52:57 PM »
Willie, whenever he bent over. His pants were tight, most likely due to the fact that JK loves good food.
But, believe me, I honestly don't know how he got into those black pants. YOWSER!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2008, 07:08:40 AM »
I would have to agree. I never really noticed how HOT John Karlen was until recently.  And YOWSER is right. Those pants were tight!  One wonders how they got away with this on a 60's daytime show when men's packages were obviously very noticeable!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 12:26:28 PM »
Speaking about tight pants, I thought that David Soul in Salem's Lot had one of the best looking bodies meant for tight jeans. [ghost_grin].....but now that you mention it, JK's pants were tight.  During the 60's and 70's men's styles did define the male body a little better.  Now days, the looser and baggier the more in style a man is.  I do hope that will change someday.  [ghost_wink]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2008, 12:27:16 AM »
David Selby---#1  So sorry he wasn't in the show from the beginning!!
                                                         Misty [ghost_tongue2]
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2008, 12:42:39 AM »
DS had lots of sexy men, Quentin, Chris, Willie were all very attractive men, but my biggest crush was Joe, he was hella hot, and besides being physically beautiful he gave off a really sweet sincere personality, like he'd make a great husband. THe scene where Julia cuts his shirt open after Angelique left him for dead  is the hotest scene on all of DS for me. Woof woof!
Jeff is my second choice, also a very handsome man, and very devoted to Vicky. I've mentioned before how ethusiastic he was in his love scenes. You get the impression Jeff was one horny dude! He paws at Vicky ( and even Ned paws at his sister Sabrina ) like a junkyard dog in heat.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2008, 05:23:49 AM »
I agree that the Joe scene was probably the hottest on DS.  I don't find Roger Davis sexy because well frankly he annoys me and if he pawed me like he did Victoria (in public) I would smack him upside the head. I don't mind to be pawed in privacy [ghost_wink] but I am not a big fan of PDA whether you are straight or gay.  If you give a little kiss or hold hands fine but I cannot stand for people to make out in public.  UGGHHH! [ghost_mad]

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 02:02:21 PM »
Speaking of sexy scenes, while I do agree with the nice viewing of Joe's chest, a few other scenes come to my mind also as rather sexy.  They are, the scene where Bramwell is fixing his tie after making love with Catherine, the scene with Kendrick and Melanie lying on the bed, fully clothed however still breathless and the scene where Josette is lying on her bed with a really dreamy look on her face after Barnabas had left her bedroom. I can find a scene sexy even if the people are fully clothed.  I rather wonder if the new movie will be able to convey  'sexy' without the ripping off of clothes or, if the writers will succomb to many of today's audience's taste for 'slam bang thank you mam' passing for desire.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf