Author Topic: To YOU who is the hottest male on the original?  (Read 12806 times)

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: To YOU who is the hottest male on the original?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »
Ditto, Lydia! Can't wait for the response! [ghost_wink]
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 04:23:39 PM »
Welcome, fridfreak!  It's great to see you posting.

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 05:01:21 AM »
Garth Blackwood, what I like about you is that if I say, in a very small, completely nonjudgmental voice, "Um...excuse me...I wasn't aware that Lara Parker was male," you will then proceed to explain to me how and why Lara Parker is indeed a male.

Yes and what I like about you Lydia, is that even if my argument was well thought out and logical you would still stubbornly disagree with me ;)

(btw, that was an accident-- I just got onto thinking of the ugliest people to appear on screen and got carried away, lol...)
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 08:19:01 AM »
Quentin is by far the hottest male!  [Wolfie] But I must admit, I loved Barnabas the best when I was a kid.  [Bat]

Others who are hot to me are Joe, Chris, and Jeff.  [luv] I have found, though, that as a middle-aged woman,  I am quite attracted to some of the older men, also:  Professor Stokes, Sam Evans, Burke Devlin (both of them, especially the first one)!   [ghost_cheesy]

You know what's scary!? [ghost_shocked] Most of the actors were younger then than I am now!  [ghost_undecided] I used to think they were old!  [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »
John Karlen! Especially when he played Desmond Collins and Kendrick Jones...those eyes! They looked through you and the tenderness just melted my heart. Not to mention that little grin of mischief and the twinkle in his eyes when he was teasing--ah, be still my heart! [gorgeous] [love7]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 02:55:06 PM »
tom and chris jennings were certainly easy on the eyes.i'm also somewhat fond collins family attorney frank garner and as loathsome as he is must admit jeff clark is pretty darn cute too.

but the winner for me is that hunky fisherman joe haskell especially in the early episodes with the crew-cut and plaid work shirts.dreamy.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline 4everfridean

• Junior Poster
  • Belonging heart, soul and neck to the vampire!
    • View Profile
    • The Collins Mausoleum fanzine online
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 10:57:13 PM »
JF as Barnabas Collins stole my heart when I was 7 years old.  I have come to appreciate the qualities many of the other male actors have (must mention Karlen, Mitch Ryan, Don Briscoe and Joel), but Jonathan Frid IS THE MAN when it comes to heat because he isn't classically sexy.  His raging sex appeal is in the way he carries himself, the eyes that you simply MUST look into when shown up close, and as several others have mentioned, that voice.  Quick, pass the smelling salts, I'm gettin' the vapors over here!  LOL

Julie  :)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 01:53:08 AM »
Yes and what I like about you Lydia, is that even if my argument was well thought out and logical you would still stubbornly disagree with me
Gosh, you're more tolerant than I am, GB!

As for hottest male...at the moment I'd have to say Jerry Lacy's Tony Peterson.  Every time he's been on an episode during the Watching Project, I have wanted to go into paroxysms of praise in my post for that episode.  In the end I was sternly telling myself, "Enough, already!"  And now he's gone forever from the Watching Project, and I'm crying myself to sleep every night.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 02:52:36 AM »
Him being my favorite character and all, I always found Barnabas more handsome than sexy, very nice to look at. Having said that, I found Bramwell way more sexy. Desmond, Kendrick, and Quentin (1840) also had me going ga-ga.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 05:57:47 AM »
I admit I don't think JF is sexy in looks.  However, his deep voice, his longing, and the way he played Barney made him very sexy to me.  I had a hard time getting past his stained teeth.  LOL Hope I didn't step on toes.  Theygrossed me a bit.  HOWEVER, at times he came across very sexy.  I would have let him bit the hell out of me. :)

Taeylor
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 03:19:19 PM »
Hottest male for me would be - drumroll, please.....   DON BRISCOE!

But since that's old news to those who have read my many Briscoe-esque posts, I've reflected on the topic question, and I actually have a runner-up to Don for "Hot DS Male": John Karlen (on a good day). As mentioned earlier, great eyes!

Offline 4everfridean

• Junior Poster
  • Belonging heart, soul and neck to the vampire!
    • View Profile
    • The Collins Mausoleum fanzine online
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 08:02:26 PM »
I admit I don't think JF is sexy in looks.  However, his deep voice, his longing, and the way he played Barney made him very sexy to me.  I had a hard time getting past his stained teeth.  LOL Hope I didn't step on toes.  Theygrossed me a bit.  HOWEVER, at times he came across very sexy.  I would have let him bit the hell out of me. :)

I sort of get that, because there are times I can't believe they let him in front of the cameras looking like that.  But I think many people back then took smoker's teeth more in stride than they do now.  And it's worth noting you never see that on his later pics.  Julie  :)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »
I forgot to mention John Karlen! I absolutely must include him on my list. [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 09:11:09 AM »
Another hot male I forgot to mention is Frank Garner! [luv] It's too bad he was on the show for such a short time, and he and Vicki didn't end up in a serious relationship together.  [ghost_sad]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 12:06:15 PM »
I have to admit that yes the elder Garner was a classically handsome man.  Sometimes older men are overlooked when comparing men in the looks department.  It may sound strange but I thought that Mark Allen, the original Sam Evans, looked like he might clean up real well.  [ghost_happy]

I've been thinking of Barnabas's teeth and the first time through the episodes I never noticed the smokers teeth but once someone mentioned them, I am sure now to notice them everytime I watch the episodes.   [ghost_cheesy]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf