Author Topic: Craig Hamrick  (Read 9854 times)

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Craig Hamrick
« on: September 24, 2006, 04:21:03 PM »
 To all my dear friends Craig Hamrick passed this morning. By his side was his husband Joe Salvatore. Peter and John and I were with him yesterday. I believe my dear friend is in the arms of his mentor Louis Edmonds and his cat Lucy. Craigs didn't want any flowers or fruit baskets sent to his house. He wished for donations to be sent to the ASPCA in his name. I called them and a fund is being set up for him I will have more information on this tomorrow.  May your Higher power bless you all for your kindness it means alot to Joe.

Janet

Offline Cousin Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • DARK SHADOWS FOREVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Craig Hamrick
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 04:37:51 PM »
My condolences to Craig's family and friends. May he find comfort and peace as he returns to the cosmos.
^v^  ^v^   ^v^ ^v^

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 05:09:01 PM »
I am truly saddened to hear this, although I've been preparing myself for it ever since John posted he'd gone into hospice care--that usually spells the end.  I feel VERY fortunate to have met Craig and been able to call him 'friend' for 13 years!  We had some GREAT, funny times over the years and I will cherish them always, just as I will always cherish my memories of Dean.  I'm so glad that I was able to see Craig one last time at the Festival and spend a little time w/him, though I now realize it shouild have been more.  I'm also glad that I got to meet Joe in 2003 and get to know him a little.  He's a sweet, special man and I can't think of anyone I would have rather had be w/Craig than him.  My heart goes out to him now because although Craig's pain has ended, Joe's is just beginning.  Lastly I find it HIGHLY appropriate that Craig died on Louie's birthday!  What a wonderful present for Big Lou, to be w/Craig again.  It makes me feel a little better knowing that Craig is now w/Louis, Joel, Keith, Grayson et al...

P.S. Janet, I *did* get your message this morning and will call you this afternoon, have some urgent errands this morning.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 05:15:11 PM »
 I just read that it is Louie's Birthday. This news will mean alot to Joe since towards the end Craig keep talking about missing Louie. All day I will just keep thinking of all of them some place celebrating Louie's BD. I know if someone had told Craig that he would pass on this day he would find it a sign that he would go to a peaceful place filled with people that would love him. This news makes ke smile.

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 05:27:05 PM »
 I also told Joe that today was louie's BD the first thing he said was "Shut up"!!  then he said that is all the sign I need to know he is having a major party up there. Bless you louie and I told Craig to tell Keith I said hello I believe he did. Wow, 365 days a year and he passes on this day, amazing. Makes you believe in something

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 05:51:55 PM »
 [tearyeyed]
All I can say is that our loss is great but heaven has gained another angle
This is a lesson that we must love and cherish our family and friends for time is fleeting
RIP Craig
and peace to you Joe, Janet, Peter and John and all of Criag's Family and Friends.

LdyAnne

David

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 05:55:25 PM »
I recall how kind Craig was to Louis, how much of a comfort and a help he was to Big Lou.
And Craig's kindness and understanding to me.

He will not be forgotten.

"For all the days you may live,
 Look up and see the sky.
 It is there, it will alway be there.
 If only you can see"
      ~~~~~Doris Lund "Eric"

David

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »
I'm sorry for your lost and Craig's family/friends' lost.  But what an honor for Craig and Louis to be together again.  I do think Soul planned it that way and a wonderful tribute to both men!!  One thing is for sure, Craig will not have any more suffering.  I believe he'll be in contact with his loved ones so watch your dreams and inner thoughts.  I'm not talking DS music here, I'm serious.  Once we shed our physical bodies we are freer then we've ever been.  Keep your minds and hearts open and Craig will find a way to communicate with his friends and family.

Peace.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »
 Thank you guys this place has given me great comfort. What special people are here. Joe has read all your posts and knowing that Craig has touched so many people has made him feel better. I do want to say that I lost a friend from Ovarian Cancer three years ago. I told Craig how I feel she comes to me in my dreams he said if I can get to you I will. And he did, just passing on this day is a sign.

Janet

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 06:05:07 PM »
I am so, so, sorry.  All my condolences, thoughts and wishes to all Craig's loved ones.  I feel so honored to have met him that one time; what a wonderful man.

Gerard

David

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 06:22:17 PM »
One way we can help keep the memory of Craig's work alive is to spread the word.

I just started a tribute thread to him at ClassicHorrorFilmBoard.com (click Final Farewells)

Whatever sites we all visit, let's let our fellow posters know about Craig and the wonderful work he did while he was here.

David

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 06:30:19 PM »
 Your right David Craig's work meant alot to him and he told me he wanted it to live on. And those close to him will find away to keep his work alive. When any plans are made I will let this place know.  Away to honor Craig today is to go visit his website the photo's there will touch your heart.

Janet

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 06:36:55 PM »
i was not fortunate enough to have met craig.

but my condolences to his many friends here.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 07:29:59 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about Craig Hamrick my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
             May He Rest In The Peace Of Heaven with God.
                   Love Anne
:-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 08:09:49 PM »
My condolences to Craig Hamrick's family and friends. My prayers are with you all.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"