Author Topic: Why dont people like Adam?  (Read 6213 times)

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: Why dont people like Adam?
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2006, 03:30:30 PM »
Gosh, you've just given me an excellent reason to like the Adam story line.  If Marie Wallace hadn't played Eve, she might never have played Jenny, and might never have gone on to charm countless fans at the Fests.  I've never met her (never met anybody in connection with Dark Shadows), but she's very interesting in the interviews on the DVDs.  I really should read her book sometime.

True. Very true. Unfortunately DS didn't offer Marie many good parts at all. I my favorite was Crazy Jenny, and I think Marie has said that was her favorite character at well. As far as the fests go she is an absolute gem. She is so approachable (as are many of the stars I've met) and she engages YOU in conversation outside of the fest, if she sees you. The last night of the fest, after the banquet, my mom and I were going upstairs in the elevator and she rode with us. We were carrying the negative film reels that they gave out. She asked where we were from and what the film reels looked like so I opened the box to show her. She was very interested in meeting people, and signed and posed for pictures on a dime. You should definitely visit her if you ever get to the fest. By the last day her table was not as busy as it had been, along with other stars, so I'm sure she would gladly speak with you or anyone else for a while.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2006, 03:53:52 AM »
Gosh, you've just given me an excellent reason to like the Adam story line.  If Marie Wallace hadn't played Eve, she might never have played Jenny, and might never have gone on to charm countless fans at the Fests.  I've never met her (never met anybody in connection with Dark Shadows), but she's very interesting in the interviews on the DVDs.  I really should read her book sometime.

Lydia, Marie is the NICEST person in that cast!   ;D  She and Louie are/were my favorite.  David Selby is quite nice and I got to know Chris Pennock a little this past Fest too and he's a riot and a half!  Oh, and Betsy was very nice too, really sweet.  She made a great impression w/fans this year.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2006, 04:30:10 PM »
Warts and all, the Adam and Eve storyline contains many of my absolute favorite episodes of DS.  In particular, the confrontation scenes between Nicholas Blair and Julia are exceptionally well written and brilliantly played.  In one of these scenes Blair actually has the line, "Doctor, I think you've been reading too many gothic novels"--a very large wink from the writers to themselves and it never fails to make me fall about.

There's also all the wonderful stuff with Stokes from this period--again, I love his line on the phone to Carolyn in one high-tension moment:  "Miss Stoddard, are you much given to melodrama?  No, don't answer that; I'll answer it for myself shortly."  Brilliant!

I agree that Adam's scenes in the later part of the storyline become very one-note, whiny, repetitive and dull, but that's no fault of the actor.  I think that every storyline has scenes of this sort.  I personally find the scenes of Vicki's trial in 1795 unwatchably tedious.

G.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »
Warts and all, the Adam and Eve storyline contains many of my absolute favorite episodes of DS.  In particular, the confrontation scenes between Nicholas Blair and Julia are exceptionally well written and brilliantly played.  In one of these scenes Blair actually has the line, "Doctor, I think you've been reading too many gothic novels"--a very large wink from the writers to themselves and it never fails to make me fall about.

There's also all the wonderful stuff with Stokes from this period--again, I love his line on the phone to Carolyn in one high-tension moment:  "Miss Stoddard, are you much given to melodrama?  No, don't answer that; I'll answer it for myself shortly."  Brilliant!

I agree that Adam's scenes in the later part of the storyline become very one-note, whiny, repetitive and dull, but that's no fault of the actor.  I think that every storyline has scenes of this sort.  I personally find the scenes of Vicki's trial in 1795 unwatchably tedious.

Oh I agree. I *love* Stokes in this storyline. If it wasn't for he, Nicholas and Angelique I don't think I could have made it through the latter half of the Adam storyline at all. As for Vicki's trial in 1795... [8311] [8311] [8311]