Author Topic: Worst DS Memorabilia?  (Read 7386 times)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
Re: Worst DS Memorabilia?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 03:59:50 AM »
I wonder if DC Productions ever thought about licensing the DS characters for a special edition of the boardgame CLUE.  The Simpsons and Hitchcock editions are fun, but DS would be a perfect fit.
Hi Claude.  Back in 1998 at the suggestion of BuzzH, I took it upon myself to create a Dark Shadows version of CLUE for my friends and I to play when we all get together at the Festivals or other functions. Mr Juggins has a couple photos of it on his wonderful DS FAQ at the url below. I think the solution to the very first game we played was; Victoria Winter on the Landing with the I-Ching wands.  ;)

Bob

http://mrjuggins.fcpages.com/clue/cluegame.htm
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 05:34:13 AM »
That's really cool Bobubas!
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 04:32:05 PM »
REALLY cool Bobubas.  Can you buy this 'game' somewhere?
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 07:59:43 PM »
REALLY cool Bobubas.  Can you buy this 'game' somewhere?
Sorry Terry, I do not have the game for sale. But you are welcome to play it with us should the opportunity ever arise.  :)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 01:22:57 AM »
I admit that when I first got back into DS a few years ago I happily and sappily purchased one of the over-priced cheap-o music boxes.  I like it for the sentiment involved but, agree it could be done soooo much better - and yep, I'd probably buy one of those too.  The part that bugs me the most about the one I have isn't even the cheap plastic as much as the fact that they didn't even bother to put a hinge on the top so the lid would stay on when you open it.  Now, that doesn't seem too much to ask does it?  :-
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 04:19:50 PM »
One thing I forgot to mention concerning memorabilia and collecting (cheesy vs non or whatever) - for the past couple of years I've been more or less creating my own little DS related keepsake.  I started assembling one of the Italian link bracelets with various items that are symbolic of the show.  For instance, I have a bat, some ghosts, an old victrola, an small oval onyx stone, teenie photo of Barnabas, the title photo of the show with the words Dark Shadows, and most recently I added a cool little Phoenix rising from the ashes.  I just spotted a white mansion with large pillars in the front - I'm still trying to decide if it looks enough like the old house to work.  The trouble is, with those bracelets having apparently hit their zenith as far as popularity goes, it's getting harder to find the large variety of items on the links that you once could.  But, it's fun trying and, when it's done it may not be all that collectible (I don't plan on parting with it so who cares) but it will definately be an original.

I'm still looking for an old fashioned Quentin-esqe "cordless" telephone so, if anyone happens to spot one please email me - it's driving me nuts!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 04:52:16 PM »
One thing I forgot to mention concerning memorabilia and collecting (cheesy vs non or whatever) - for the past couple of years I've been more or less creating my own little DS related keepsake.  I started assembling one of the Italian link bracelets with various items that are symbolic of the show.  For instance, I have a bat, some ghosts, an old victrola, an small oval onyx stone, teenie photo of Barnabas, the title photo of the show with the words Dark Shadows, and most recently I added a cool little Phoenix rising from the ashes.  I just spotted a white mansion with large pillars in the front - I'm still trying to decide if it looks enough like the old house to work.  The trouble is, with those bracelets having apparently hit their zenith as far as popularity goes, it's getting harder to find the large variety of items on the links that you once could.  But, it's fun trying and, when it's done it may not be all that collectible (I don't plan on parting with it so who cares) but it will definately be an original.

I'm still looking for an old fashioned Quentin-esqe "cordless" telephone so, if anyone happens to spot one please email me - it's driving me nuts!

Sound groovy baby. Can you scan and post a photo of it?  It sounds similar to the charm bracelets that CynD makes and sells at the Fests every year.

http://www.cyndesignd.com/Jewels.htm
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 05:34:21 PM »
I notice we are dividing these into vintage and contemporary collectibles. While the old "Horrorheads" are marvelously cheesy, because of their vintage and rarity, well, most of us would probably be proud to own them. The same with the old boxed Halloween costume for example.
       I agree several of the recent items have been "wha'?" quality. The boxer shorts are pretty hideous. The ornament is as badly dated as the film title "Dracula 1972 AD". One of my favorites however of the last ten years was the wrist watch, which I wore 3-4 years before it played out. I could never get a battery to stay running. It looked nice but I'm sure it was pretty inexpensive. It got many complimentary notices. I wish they would do a new and better one. I think that one was about $60 that was better made would be a certain purchase for me.
      I absolutely love the Majestic figures. I am a big fan of collectible figures of that like, I have what almost 30 of the Universal ones... [frankie]  While I like everyone else hope they make more, we do need to realize it will all be based on how the three current ones sell. A while back I emailed Majestic and they stated they plan to be at the Brooklyn show. They were at the Hollywood show last year. (I really like their Dr. Phibes figure, although I think their Lily Munster could have been better, I wonder if Yvonne DeCarlo did not allow her likeness?" If I were doing phase II of the Dark Shadows figures, I would opt for Angelique, Julia and either Willie or Josette. I think someone noted that Sideshow stretched theory limits on Planet of the Apes, and this may be true, did we need 4 different Taylors, none of them even definitive? And ya know, I bought each one! LOL, but I bet not everyone did.
       My ultimate Dark Shadows collectible would be an actual painting used on the series...sigh...
Michael
   [91a2]
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 05:38:32 PM »
Sound groovy baby. Can you scan and post a photo of it?

Yes, I'll scan it sometime and post it.  Just remember it's a work in progress.  :)

It sounds similar to the charm bracelets that CynD makes and sells at the Fests every year.

http://www.cyndesignd.com/Jewels.htm

Oh, her jewelry is really beautiful!  I bought a couple of charms from her at the last fest I attended (Tarrytown).  Thanks for posting that link - I had lost it and was looking for it just the other day.  You must have read my mind.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 05:46:54 PM »
I've always wanted the Barnabas horrorhead pillow, 'cause I'm a pillow person. I have a ton of pillows in the house. But I've never been interested in the other two or the Halloween costume.

CyrusL, I believe I have the watch you're speaking of, but it needs a battery and I haven't gotten around to getting one for it yet. It's nice.

My dream DS collectible would probably be an onscreen costume, like Barnabas's dressing gown or 1795 attire, or one of Kitty's 1897 dresses (all were beautiful).

I believe the problem [or one of them] with Sideshow's Planet of the Apes line was that they released a ton of figures over a short period. Majestic doesn't seem to have that problem....in fact, their releases are very sparse. Those who go to the fest and if Majestic attends, please report back here and let us know if there is an actual series 2 coming, or if we shouldn't bother to hope. I want a Willie and Josette!

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 06:05:18 PM »
 On a related note, I picked up some of the '91 series collectibles.  I got the Barnabas and Angelique watches (both of which don't work anymore - they might need batteries or something).  Those looked pretty slick and came in nice containers.  The Barnabas watch had a coffin shaped container, and the Angelique container played music when you opened it.  I got the Ben Cross Barnabas model kit but never built it as I'm not good at that sort of thing, so I sold it on eBay a couple of years back.  I also liked the Innovation comics and got those and a couple of the posters of the comic book covers they did.  I recently sold the posters but I kept the comics.

Majestic said they have Angelique "in mind" for a future release but that's no guarantee of course.  It'd be cool if she comes with alternate Cassandra and "Old Hag" Angeliqe heads! 
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 07:08:14 PM »
it's too bad that the music box is a junk one i'd love a real one made of wood too Buzz!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 08:07:21 PM »
Thanks for posting that link - I had lost it and was looking for it just the other day.  You must have read my mind.

Just Googled her name, that's all.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 08:10:51 PM »
it's too bad that the music box is a junk one i'd love a real one made of wood too Buzz!

Oh, I wouldn't buy one made of wood, glass maybe, like the original one on the show, but not wood.  8)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 08:16:43 PM »
Just Googled her name, that's all.  ;)
I think I did that too but, may have put in something like Cynde or something else. Either that or I just didn't hit the right link. Seems like I got an old link - but, I may be thinking of something else.  Ahhh, I need a keeper! I wonder if there are any rooms at Wyndcliff?