Author Topic: off topic/what's in the future for DSF?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
off topic/what's in the future for DSF?
« on: July 06, 2006, 03:59:27 AM »
I remember reading a thread somewhere that mentioned that DSF would be switching formats or somehting like that? If so, do you know when that's gonna happen?

Also, if that's the case, will there be an off topic section? I'd sometimes like to discuss non-DS related things with DS fans. If not, is there a place for off topic subjects now?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: off topic/what's in the future for DSF?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 11:15:47 PM »
I remember reading a thread somewhere that mentioned that DSF would be switching formats or somehting like that? If so, do you know when that's gonna happen?

Not a clue. Quite a bit of tinkering will have to be done to the new system before we put it into place. However, so far as using it will go, there will be very few noticeable changes. Most things will look and operate in very much the same ways they do now. All the major changes will be internal and won't even be discernible by members and guests.  :)

Also, if that's the case, will there be an off topic section? I'd sometimes like to discuss non-DS related things with DS fans. If not, is there a place for off topic subjects now?

Unfortunately, the moderators pretty much have their hands full with the boards the forum currently has and there are no plans for the foreseeable future to add any new types, particularly off-topic boards which would be quite likely to generate many more posts in need of moderating.  ;)  However, never say never. Who knows what the future might bring one day...

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: off topic/what's in the future for DSF?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 06:29:12 PM »
If any reformatting takes place, I'd love to see the archives of each board moved to the bottom of the page so we don't have to scroll past them each time to get to the latest threads  :-X
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey