Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #152 / New Fest guests, LP book signings & more  (Read 7053 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: ShadowGram Update #152 / New Fest guests, LP book signings & more
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 03:50:14 AM »
Again Julia99, while it was exciting piece or trivia at first, I had begun to come back to reality. The next thing you know a certain someone on here may have started claiming the boys were also the founders of Brooks Brothers suits! On the other hand, all the stuff I did post about Conrad himself and myself is true. All too true.

;D  Thanks Michael--fun fun fun with the Brooks brothers. . i hope you'll be sportin a suit in August! hot hot hot!
Julia99

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 01:43:23 PM »
Looks like I have to defend myself against possible slander here.  When Rebecca first told me about Ted Brooks on this forum, I naturally assumed it was Conrad's brother the actor-she did not tell me otherwise.  Therefore I didn't intentionally mislead anyone regarding this story.  So there.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2006, 02:55:21 PM »
Charles my good fellow, I have hired Barnabas Coillins,   [blackbat] well known attorney to defend your right to be shown innocent until proven innocent. I'm sure this is a difficult concept for some, but it is a specialty peculiar to his practice.   [deal2]

Michael  [walk] "Brooklyn is just a few miles and days away..."

Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2006, 03:44:42 PM »
as for there not being a relationship link with Conrad--that would also have been created by someone "in the know" and not necessarily indicative of there being (or in this case NOT being) a relationship.  One of the links of Ted Brooks for the film When Nature Calls is actually for a black actor with the same name--

Boy is that ever the truth!  You really *do* have to take the IMDb w/a grain of salt since it seems probably at least 50% of the info on there is 'fan contributed' and we do tend to get things wrong at times.  Case in point, there are at least 2 Richard Lynch's on there (I think even a third now) and one is the great B and C movie icon from Brooklyn, NY and the other a younger Brit.  There have been errors in both of these actor's listing for some time now.  Can't tell you how frustrating it is to *finally* track down 'Brooklyn's' movies, only to discover it's the OTHER RL instead.   [8311]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 08:15:29 PM »
Looks like I have to defend myself against possible slander here.  When Rebecca first told me about Ted Brooks on this forum, I naturally assumed it was Conrad's brother the actor-she did not tell me otherwise.  Therefore I didn't intentionally mislead anyone regarding this story.  So there.

Here is a copy of my original announcement. I did not say nor did I infer anything about Mr. Brooks other than that was the name of her first husband.

"Ms Hall (1923-1985) was a widely acclaimed New York Theatre actress, 1964 Academy Award nominee and co-star of the 1960s-70s iconic Gothic television serial, Dark Shadows. Research into her career has uncovered reviews of Grayson's earliest stage appearances as a teenager on Long Island and includes material on her extensive stage work in New York City; Spoleto, Italy; and the Hedgerow Theatre outside Philadelphia. Rare, previously unpublished documentation of her television and film careers will also be presented

The biographical project's goal is to provide a comprehensive, candid view of Ms Hall's professional achievements, persona and legacy for her admirers, the theatrical community, and students of the history of the American media arts.

The book contains excerpts of interviews with Kathryn Leigh Scott, David Selby, Nancy Barrett, Alexandra Isles, Marie Wallace, Diana Millay, Sylvia Miles, John Guare, Ted Mann, Arthur Penn, and Sam and Matthew Hall.   It will also include several privately, unpublished photos of Grayson's early life, including a photo of her first husband-Ted Brooks, and her theatrical endeavors.

The book is scheduled for publication in August 2006.
Julia99

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 10:48:03 PM »
True.  But the only Ted Brooks I found on IMDB was the actor related to Ed Wood regular Conrad Brroks.  Were you aware of this confusion- I certainly wasn't!

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2006, 04:00:40 AM »
Charles my good fellow, I have hired Barnabas Coillins, [blackbat] well known attorney to defend your right to be shown innocent until proven innocent. I'm sure this is a difficult concept for some, but it is a specialty peculiar to his practice.

::laughing out loud:: Oh my God, I love it.  ;D

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 02:41:07 PM »
True.  But the only Ted Brooks I found on IMDB was the actor related to Ed Wood regular Conrad Brroks.  Were you aware of this confusion- I certainly wasn't!

As stated earlier, IMDB is not the gospel.
Julia99

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 02:51:18 PM »
Well, as her boigrapher, I think you should straighten out those folks at IMDB and perhaps Wikipedia so no misconceptions are made.  That way Grayson's good name will be protected.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 05:02:08 PM »
Well, as her boigrapher, I think you should straighten out those folks at IMDB and perhaps Wikipedia so no misconceptions are made.  That way Grayson's good name will be protected.

My concern, naturally, is with what's posted on these boards.  From the Forum Guidelines:

You agree, through your use of these forums, to not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate...

It's the poster's responsiblity to clearly label speculation as such.  Thanks!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 05:17:22 PM »

Neither  Imdb nor Wikipedia say Ted Brooks, 1st husband of Grayson is brother of Conrad Brooks. 
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 05:37:43 PM »
Just chipping in my two drachmae--the fact that he is listed in the IMDB notice on Grayson's page as Ted (Bradbart) Brooks (if I'm remembering it properly) is a tip that he's not the same as the Ted Brooks who is bro to Conrad.

Historical research is largely a wearying process of endlessly taking pains...

G.