Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0037  (Read 391 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0037
« on: October 08, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »
Robservations #37

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0037

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 06:40:29 AM »
The right side of Roger’s face is hidden in shadow as Vickie’s voice is heard. He calls Sam. Is he really this stupid? Just say no and quit making a big ordeal out of Burke’s return. Even Drunk teleprompter Sam knows better.
     Vickie stands at the door. Roger yells at her for snooping and prying. Vickie tells him that his sister insists she stay deflating his sails.
     Roger drinking fade to Sam drinking. The two drunks in town both because of Burke. Maggie gets up and is grilling Sam. He writes a letter for her to keep in case something happens.
     Back at Collinwood, the clock chimes and sobs fill the foyer as Vickie comes down. Ned calls in the wee hours of the morning and Roger refuses to wake Elizabeth. Roger chews Vickie out again then asks her not to tell his sister. He apologizes and admits he’s heard the sobbing many times but has no idea from where it comes.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 12:33:59 AM »
I like to joke that it's Roger Crying, but I believe it's Liz crying, not Josette.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 06:13:39 AM »
They're using the same opening night shot of Collinwood lately, perhaps I spoke too soon of my appreciation for the variety of opening shots.

We're back to the fidgety Roger of episode one. He is really in a state. Threatening Sam & Vicky. I just can't think of him as a dangerous man but I guess I am supposed to.

I guess Sam hasn't anyone else but giving Maggie that letter is really not going to be good for her or him - it certainly won't get her off his back.

It looks like the clay pot by the drawing room phone has been moved to the opposite wall.

Well, if the crying is coming from the locked room in the cellar then it can't be Liz with the door being locked. I wonder just how many people are buried in there, lol.

Roger was hysterical (and HYSTERICAL) today! So over the top with the way he spoke to and treated Vicki (and she held her own against him). It was certainly fun to watch Louis go at it. Then the apology, which was hard to watch in some ways. His fear of Vicki going to Liz - I guess he is going on the assumption that Vicki overhead him talking to Sam. I did like the discussion about the crying. I liked the acting in that part of the apology scene. They sure are pushing ghosts lately.

Some great dialogue in this episode, most but not all coming from Roger.