Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0037  (Read 937 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0037
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0037
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 12:38:14 PM »
Interesting that Roger had heard the sobbing woman.  Does David ever hear it?  Roger's into denial, but David's more inquisitive.  I wonder if David has ever gone looking for the source of the sobs.

I like the way Vicky just happened to know why Ned Calder was calling.  And, being Vicky, she couldn't just keep her mouth shut.  Vicky never can.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 02:14:23 AM »
Roger is phoning Sam and appears almost on the verge of tears and then Vickie startles him coming for a book that she never gets.  Roger and Sam drown their sorrows separately for a change. With as much time as they are together now, the whole town must be beginning to wonder.
Sobbing rings through the entire house, but only Vickie seems bothered.  Vickie seems to think it's in the basement and behind the locked door.  It stops for a minute when she tries to get in and then resumes.  Roger appears and becomes unhinged over Vickie and they leave followed by more sobbing.
Upstairs Ned calls and Roger hangs up making it appear he wants to keep Ned and Elizabeth from speaking. Vickie plans to go tell Mrs Stoddard he's been bad prompting Roger to become contrite and admit that he hears the sobbing also. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
WELCOME, CLARICE BLACKBURN! Apparently she plays the (offscreen) sobbing woman. If Roger has heard her, I'm sure it's Elizabeth who is the weeping woman whom Vicki heard way back in episode 2.

Too bad about Ned Calder. But good for Vicki for standing up to Roger's bullying!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:43:52 PM »
Strange, this time I actually thought it sounded like Joan Bennett.

It's a lonely planet for DS non-con-goers this weekend...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »
Hmm, Florence Stanley has been officially listed as providing the sobbing for these early eps.  I'm not sure Clarice Blackburn has come on board yet.

Kudos to Vicki for telling Roger, "You have no right to talk to me like that."

It's a lonely planet for DS non-con-goers this weekend...

Awww, Magnus.