Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0034  (Read 377 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0034
« on: August 03, 2020, 07:02:02 PM »
Robservations #34

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0034

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 10:30:56 PM »
Burke and Vickie still at Blue Whale. He pressures her to dinner and all she wants is the report. She agrees to go to his room to see it. Her reputation be dammed.
Joe wakes up on the divan after an hour. Quite a short time to sleep it off. Carolyn is there and he says he must have been drunk. Carolyn brings a sad looking bun with something in it for him. It makes McDonalds look good.
Vickie recounts the foundling home story to Burke.  50 dollars from 2 to 16. Burke tells Vickie to leave town. Joe shows up while Vickie in bathroom and is shocked Vickie would compromise her reputation. He wanted to pay his tab to Burke.  Vickie says she is not hungry and leaves before eating the steak dinner.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 06:49:04 PM »
OMGosh...I love this episode! The dialogue, the chemistry between Burke and Vicki, the flirting, the hope, the bravery, the acting. Burke is very appealing when he's on the make. He even looks different. And who wouldn't fall for Vicki, champagne or malted? I want to quote practically every line between them. I guess this makes me a romantic.

I wonder if Joe is going to blab or keep his mouth shut about seeing Vicki in Burke's penthouse suite? Champagne indeed, lol. It will be interesting to see the journey from here to Joe and Carolyn's final destination. I don't remember the tipping point but I know it's coming. They've had some deeper conversations about there relationship and now she knows the feelings he keeps to himself. I also thought the sentiment that Carolyn expressed to Vicki in the previous ep about not bringing him (a nice guy, undeservedly) into a nuthouse was a new view of her inner feelings about him and their relationship. The writings been on the wall since ep #2 if you ask me.

By the look on Vicki's face at episodes end, I'd say the sparks been lit.