Author Topic: Denise Nickerson -- Prayers and support needed  (Read 10262 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Denise Nickerson -- Prayers and support needed
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2018, 06:59:49 AM »
Talk about invasion of privacy. But then, some people and web sites have no propriety.  [ghost_rolleyes]

I would have to assume that to get pictures like that it would have to be the family or with their permission (unless someone from the hospital did it surreptitiously).
Josette

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »
Either way, it just seems rather tacky.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2018, 04:16:36 PM »
Paparazzi will stoop to any low to get a picture - especially something like what Radaronline apparently has. Such photos bring in big bucks for them, and most of the time they have no permission whatsoever to take the photos. They bide their time until the opportunity arises...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2018, 04:24:43 PM »
Sadly true. I remember The New York Post published a picture of John Lennon in his coffin on the front page. This, in turn, prompted a series of posters all over NYC reading Aren't You Ashamed To Read The New York Post?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2018, 01:02:21 AM »
Jasmine Nickerson reported yesterday:
[Denise] has finally been moved out of the ICU into a new part of the hospital for "high-risk," but not "intensive-risk" patients.
She's stable but still fidgety with the new contraptions in and on her, and unfortunately they pose a greater risk if she rips them out. Josh is very worried and had had a rough day emotionally with processing everything.  (end)

I can post updates here when I think to check for them. I haven't seen anything today.

There was something that I think had been posted Friday evening about Denise having surgery. The procedure is supposed to help with her recovery. Keep those prayers going.

G.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2018, 04:30:39 AM »
That certainly sounds encouraging.  As to the previous discussion, I wouldn't have thought she would be a target for paparazzi.  I know that kind of thing happens with major celebrities, but didn't think this would qualify.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2018, 05:14:00 AM »
Sadly, I suspect all celebrities - big and small - past, present and future - are targets for paparazzi. And the Internet, in particular, is a place where former child stars seem to have the worst photos imaginable posted of them in all of the where are they now and some such postings. Stars can be out of the limelight for decades, but the paparazzi manage to track them down somehow. You see links to such posts in the margins and at the bottoms of so many Web sites, even respectable ones...

As for Denise, reports about the severity of her illness and her connection to the beloved original Willie Wonka were around several days before the Radaronline site published their photos, so I can easily see a paparazzi seeking out a hospital photo shot of her on their own or possibly Radaronline even sending out a papazazzi connected to the site to get one. As I said, there's no such thing as propriety in the world of the paparazzi or sites like Radaronline...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2018, 01:49:40 PM »
I know that the paparazzi can be pretty aggressive in pursuit of their goals, but if Denise was in intensive care, I would think (or hope) that visitors would be restricted.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2018, 03:11:16 PM »
You would hope access to the ICU would be restricted. And maybe I've watched too many TV shows and movies where a paparazzi uses doctor/nurse garb to get into places they shouldn't - or even resorts to bribery. But I have a hard time imagining the alternative that Denise's family would have given permission for such a photo to be taken, much less would have taken it themselves to publicize their cause. At least I hope they wouldn't have done such things...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2018, 06:27:35 PM »
Those thoughts crossed my mind as well.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2018, 01:04:44 AM »
I've never heard of radaronline.  But then I'm not into all the celebrity "news" stuff especially since I don't know who 99% of these "celebrities" are - it's all so "well, did you hear? Auchantae was seen going out with Bustin Jieber; girlfriend, shut up!; oh, yes, and she was wearing a dress designed by Le Corncobber!; girlfriend, get out of here!"

Anyway, so I googled it, went to it and looked for any "news" about Denise.  There was one article that claimed it had interviewed or at least talked with her son.  I found no pictures of her in IC.  There were just the two of her as Violet and the one that's been constantly used on all sites of her smiling and happy with her kids.  Maybe it took those photos down; maybe I was looking at the wrong article.  Like I said, I don't know how those sites work.  I'm not trendy when it comes to those things. 

Gerard

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2018, 02:48:00 AM »
Jasmine posted this update a couple of hours ago on social media:

"[Denise is] fully awake at this point. We aren't sure if she understands much yet. But she is still reacting to and responding to certain commands. She's even moving her right hand and squeezing with it now.

And the greatest news, she can stand up on her own and she said words today. When asked by the occupational therapist if she wanted her hair brushed she said loud and clear, "No."

When we were just on a video call with Shane she said, "Bye" at the end of the call. The entire time we've been here she's been trying to talk. She's trying to have a full conversion but the words aren't there yet."

There was more of the update, but it was personal sharing from Jasmine about Denise's agitated state of mind. This is unfortunately typical of people who are in recovery from this kind of event. Let's hope and pray Denise continues to make progress.

Best wishes, G.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2018, 04:48:26 AM »
Thanks for keeping us informed - that certainly sounds very encouraging!!
Josette

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »
Willie Wonka will be on AMC tonight (7/18) back to back at 8 and 10:30 Eastern.
Josette

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2018, 03:38:44 AM »
Jasmine Nickerson posted several updates about Denise's care on the Facebook group today. Some of what she wrote is upsetting. The family is having difficulties getting proper care for Denise in the facility where she is currently staying. The latest update posted just a few minutes ago (around 10:30 p.m. tonight) indicated that there was some progress with issues that the family has been experiencing with the staff and the neglect of the patient's needs and care.

The good news is that Denise is having speech therapy now and seems as if she is having more lucid moments. Jasmine mentioned a feeding tube which I think she is on in part so that she does not get dehydrated.

Best wishes,
Gothick