Author Topic: The July 3rd Episodes  (Read 828 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The July 3rd Episodes
« on: July 03, 2005, 09:31:44 PM »
An interesting bit of Parallel Time trivia: apparently a Jenny Collins also existed in the same band of PT as 1970PT because, as a mystery man walks through the cemetery on his way to the mausoleum, he passes Jenny Collins' gravestone, which is only partially hidden by underbrush.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: The July 3rd Episodes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 03:36:49 AM »
Interesting! I wonder what 1897 PT would have been like?

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 04:55:55 AM »

In his fanfic masterpiece, Charles Delaware Troll constructs an entire storyline which takes place in
1897 PT.  It's definitely worth a read.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 08:39:46 PM »
I was watching July 3 and 4 1967 episodes last week and in one of them, you could see the big stand-up fan outside Liz's bedroom window making the draperies billow.  It was fun.

Also, Carolyn's birth year was given as 1946 which means the character was meant to be 19 or so when the series began.

Liz was born in 1917 so she was supposed to be fifty in the Summer of '67.  That feels very odd to me because as of tomorrow, I will be three years away from fifty, yet I don't feel nearly as "old" as the Mistress of Collinwood!

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 09:34:36 PM »
Also, Carolyn's birth year was given as 1946 which means the character was meant to be 19 or so when the series began.

October 16, 1946 was her birthday *that* week.  ;)  But during the first week of eps were led to believe Carolyn was 17, meaning she was born in about 1949. And in June of '68 we're told her birthday is December 8, 1948 (by having Carolyn see her own gravestone at the culmination of her dream in the Dream Curse), which is still very close to 1949 and which would still make her 17 in July of 1966. As Gerard so astutely observed, the birth records office in the Collinsport county courthouse must be a real mess. Not only can't they keep the years straight - they can't even keep the months and days straight!  [lghy]

Liz was born in 1917 so she was supposed to be fifty in the Summer of '67.

Actually, I wonder what they were thinking with the listings in that book because those eps all aired in July, yet Liz writes the month/day of her death as April 10th.  [hdscrt]  ::)  And that's the only time in DS history when a month that's somehow referenced on the show doesn't correspond to the month an ep actually aired.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 09:35:28 PM »
i don't know gothick...try a massive black beehive and stiff suiting from ohrbach's and you might feel a bit "aged". ;)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.