Author Topic: The July 24th Episodes (Spoilers!)  (Read 425 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The July 24th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« on: July 24, 2005, 09:23:35 PM »
No, no! NO, NO! HE returns in ep #804 - but I refuse to acknowledge him by name! (Though I do have to concede that he just might have given his most controlled performance ever in a DS ep.  ;)  But that control won't last for long because all too soon we'll be treated to the usual shouting and hair touching.  ::))

Instead, let's concentrate on the wonderful performance by Nancy Barrett and David Selby in the July 24th eps. It's interesting to compare how their characters are in complete control of their surroundings (well, as much as one can ever be at Collinwood  [wink2]) in eps #543 and #804, respectively (I particularly love how Jamison/Petofi remarks that Quentin is "that rare man who faces the truth"), but they're both completely bonkers and at the mercy of the situations in ep #1065. Selby's Quentin is perhaps even more looney than Barrett's poor Carolyn. He's great fun to watch, particularly his facial expressions. And he's only going to become more fascinating to watch as the story unfolds. Something tells me both Barrett and Selby were really quite pleased with the material they were handed during the 1995 sequence. And what's quite apparent is that both plumbed it for every facet.  [thumbleft]