Author Topic: The Original THAT DARN CAT! Headed to DVD on May 3rd  (Read 6482 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Original THAT DARN CAT! Headed to DVD on May 3rd
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2005, 12:00:13 AM »
Nothing to add about the article or the record except to point out that there are a good many things not on the Internet, and that you often have to dip into print sources.

Aside from that, it's good news about the DVD. I really love this movie. I liked it long before I even knew who Grayson Hall was. Aside from the inexplicability of Hayley Mills and Dorothy Provine being sisters, it's a fun flick with a great cast. Anyone know what extras we might expect?
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2005, 11:22:01 PM »
That's the version of the album I have.

I wonder if you could inquire from A.F.T.R.A. since GH would have been paid for her voice work on the album - I don't know how far back they keep records.

Nancy

Oh yes, mine is VERY politically incorrect... Grayson babbles in "Ching Chong" fake chinoiserie, then exclaims, "Wait a minute, I don't even SPEAK Chinese!"

One thought that just occurred to me today is that the recording of her voice may have been slightly speeded up, resulting in a vocal timbre that just doesn't sound much like GH.

I'd really love to have a copy of Disney's file on this.  Do you have any idea to whom I would write about that?

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2005, 07:44:51 PM »
Bette...thanks for the site...my husband will love it!!

Funny thing....when I first saw this topic...I'm wondering to myself why That Darn Cat is so 'familiar'.

Having never heard of it before, I had just the day prior to this topic watched a re-make on TV!!! (aint that coincidental!!)

Patti
What a Woman!