Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0567  (Read 727 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0567
« on: October 16, 2013, 04:36:09 PM »
Robservations #567

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0567

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 04:53:11 PM »
Barnabas echoes what I said about in the previous episode...how long did Julia really expect to keep him in the dark (excuse the pun here) about her and Tom? On the other hand, he expects Julia to help him dispatch him when he knows she under his power and won't be able to and Julia had to point that out.....interest points here.

Adam shows up, attacks Jeff who tries to apprehend him (foolish move, didn't he hear what happened to Joe Haskell?), goes to the old house to wait for Barnabas and Julia to come and they do. He makes his usual threats against Vicki and the family (ho-hum) but this time gives them a deadline....4 weeks his mate must be alive and kicking or he'll see to it that Vicki and the Collins family won't be. I agree with Barnabas....it isn't necessary for Adam to repeat the same damn threat over and over again...they get it....no mate and Adam will destroy everyone Barnabas loves.

Jeff realizes that Barnabas lied to him about Adam, breaks in and sees all the equipment....and another body on the table. He realizes they are going to make another creation, at which moment Barnabas walks in behind him and confirms it.

Ho-hum episode, all I can say.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 04:57:46 PM »
Youtube link for this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbxJpOdeUMA

G.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 05:39:56 AM »
Barnabas is going to seek and destroy tom. The body appears to be gone. Hopefully it is on ice somewhere. Julia says four weeks. It just seems ridiculous that they did not rent a warehouse somewhere with electricity to do the experiment or run an extension from the great House. Now. Jeff is involved.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 10:32:14 AM »
Jeff's first act in picking a fight with Adam is to grab his jacket.   This seldom incapacitates your intended victim, who gets to attack you for real immediately after.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 08:46:36 PM »
Well, well, well, finally someone who knows they've been bitten.

Lackluster writing throughout the episode.

In a skit I would have Julia spin/twirl like a top as Barn unravels her scarf. More so as done in yesterday's close.

I like Julia's frankness in the foyer scene. Typical Barn - "In the morning you can continue with the experiment."

And Jeff lives through yet another crisis, his hair no doubt breaking the fall. Julia regains much of her composure for the Adam scene and beyond. Barn & Jules leave the scene with absolutely no momentary concern for Vicki or Jeff, which one might expect to come back to bite them, but at least they do have a good reason for doing so. And this time there will be someone there when Jeff hangs up with the sheriff.

First time I've ever noticed AM looking at the teleprompter. She looks great BTW, even with the weird hairdo. She would have been fantastic on a real soap.

Stupid Adam. If I were Barn or Jules I would tell him that his breaking that beaker set the experiment back two months, lol. I am not having any problem with the Adam character yet. At least Rodan is a consistently good actor and everything he does makes sense. I am getting more tired of hearing Barn say he must destroy Tom. I have this weird aversion to the Barnabas character using the word destroy. It irks the hell out of me.

I kinda wish Jeff had run into Adam in the woods and been knocked unconscious for a few days, or better yet, held captive in the same room as Vicki at Blair house. But no such luck, he discovers the new experiment with much more screen time than needed. That he had to raise the sheet on the body to figure it all out seems preposterous.

No awards today.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 01:50:23 PM »
Adam leaves the Old House after threatening Barnabas yet again. Even in her bitten state, Julia is still herself and puts her hand on Barn's shoulder to comfort him. This time, he doesn't pull away. Later, he promises to keep Tom away from Julia, but his real reason is apparent when he reminds Julia that they have only four weeks to complete the experiment.

Nice touch when JF pinches the candles out. Jeff breaks in, and even though it takes him a while to find the body, he does finally realize what's going on.