Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0567  (Read 1831 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0567
« on: June 17, 2008, 06:44:36 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0567
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:57:43 AM »
The replay of the scarf scene between Barnabas and Julia is always amusing: the second time around, Barnabas doesn't pull it off Julia's neck; he politely unfolds it.  I like to think that in the original acting of the scene in yesterday's episode, when Frid pulled the scarf off of Hall, he practically strangled her in the process, so he went a little easier on her today.

The scene after the opening title was something that I need to watch again.  (Not now, some other time: in the Watching Project my idea is to watch an episode once and go on, as was done when the show originally aired.)  There's Julia, quietly telling Barnabas what the status is.  No tears, no theatrics.  Later, she after the confrontation with Adam, she put her hand on Barnabas's shoulder, and I thought: she has the freedom to do that now that she doesn't want anything from him.

Ever since that flip-flop scene in the drawing room the other day, I've been having trouble with Jeff Clark.  I just don't want to see him on my TV screen. And didn't he look foolish, attacking a man who was much bigger and obviously far stronger than he was!

Adam was annoying as usual today.  He's a lot like what 1967 Barnabas was: "Do as I say and don't bother me with the details."  Adam's still just a sulky kid.  It's reasonable to assume that his mate-in-the-making will start out every bit as childish as Adam is.  What a circus that relationship will be!  "Barnabas, I hate my mate and it's all your fault!!!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 11:20:26 AM »
The replay of the scarf scene between Barnabas and Julia is always amusing: the second time around, Barnabas doesn't pull it off Julia's neck; he politely unfolds it.
I noticed that, too, Lydia. It was more dramatic, and I liked it better, the first time, when he ripped the scarf off her neck! [ghost_wink]

When Julia told Barnabas she was too weak to work on the experiment during the day, I had the thought, "Well, Julia , you can do the work at night, then!" I'm surprised they didn't think of that! [ghost_smiley]

It was rather silly for Jeff to fight Adam; he had no chance to win against him. When Jeff  fell on the grass, there was a blooper when it crumpled up, which obviously gave away the fact that the grass was fake. [signerror]

I agree that Adam was being his obnoxious self. He was acting like a spoiled kid. [tantrum]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 09:52:46 AM »
After Barnabas' outburst of concern he got his emotions under control.

When will Barnabas nail shut or lock the front window. I just started laughing when Jeff climbed through. it is almost like Barnabas wanted someone to find out.

The lighting in the basement was great. This is always one of my favorite story lines.

Julia standing behind Barnabas with her hand on his shoulder. Like she was supporting him when he should have been supporting her.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 11:08:18 AM »
Like she was supporting him when he should have been supporting her.
Ooh, nice, lori54.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 11:54:26 AM »
When will Barnabas nail shut or lock the front window. I just started laughing when Jeff climbed through. it is almost like Barnabas wanted someone to find out.

A masterful piece of misdirection or disinformation on Barnabas's part... no one would ever think that a man so lax about keeping his house locked would ever have a horrible secret in the basement!    He's doing it to throw everyone off!  And it's working beautifully right now!

What are the odds that a man would have two completely different horrible secrets in his basement, in a row?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 02:55:21 AM »
What are the odds that a man would have two completely different horrible secrets in his basement, in a row?

Hey we are talking about Dark Shadows.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 04:46:54 AM »

Hey we are talking about Dark Shadows.

Well, in that case, he should have had a couple dozen horrible secrets down there!  Wait, maybe he did....  I forgot about Trask One...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 05:17:53 PM »
How many hysterical calls for help do you suppose the sheriff has received from Collinwood over the years?  I can just imagine his reaction: "Good grief, there go those crazy rich people up on the hill again.  What do they DO up there?" 

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 02:17:10 AM »
I wonder what they would do at Collinwood with speed dial?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 02:49:47 AM »
Coffins-R-Us?