Author Topic: 'Dark Shadows!' Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies Invade Brooklyn This Weekend  (Read 11003 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
willmckinley
Costumed fan at #DarkShadows convention in Bklyn. http://instagr.am/p/K0ujQ/
1 hour ago

bonbar Bonnie Barber
@willmckinley That #DarkShadows pic is going to give me nightmares! I watched that show religiously yet it terrified me. Even had the game!
1 hour ago

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
willmckinley
Me w/ #DarkShadows star Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie/Josette) http://yfrog.com/kg60718077j
53 minutes ago

willmckinley
Me w/ #DarkShadows star Lara Parker (Angelique) http://yfrog.com/kkejqrsj
52 minutes ago

willmckinley
Me w/ #DarkShadows star David Selby (Quentin Collins) http://yfrog.com/gy8jkgoj
49 minutes ago

willmckinley
Lara Parker (Angelique), Kathryn L. Scott (Maggie) & David Selby (Quentin) at #DarkShadows Fest http://yfrog.com/gyqoojxj
34 minutes ago

And in response to a tweet up above in reply #15:

willmckinley
@bonbar You should have kept your game. They auctioned one off for $75 today!
23 minutes ago

Plus some comments:

ninatypewriter Nina L. Diamond
@willmckinley You looked quite dashing in the photos and Lara Parker (Angelique) hardly looks any older than she did 40 years ago. Spooky.
22 minutes ago

willmckinley
@ninatypewriter Thank you. I know, it's weird how good they all look.
21 minutes ago

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Many thanks MB for collecting all those tweets. and those are some great photos. 

That's too bad about Nancy not being able to appear.  I hope she is OK.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oops - I missed a follow-up:

ninatypewriter
@willmckinley Hmmmm.... could it be because they're (*cue the #DarkShadows theme)....VAMPIRES?
52 minutes ago

And what's this person's problem:

TanaButler Tana Butler
Another add to my Global Settings: block #DarkShadows
31 minutes ago

Though she has a surprise coming to her because if she really wants to block everything about DS, she'll have to block a lot more than that because very few people who tweet about DS use that hashtag the way they should.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
She seems to be in contact with some people who are using the hashtag tonight, so to just outwardly say that is... odd.   [ghost_wacko]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
ginareign Regina J.
David Selby...such a gentleman. I got a picture with him (fuzzy, but it's a picture!) Lara Parker was so nice. Dark Shadows festival--a hit!
1 hour ago

And also:

Greg_Bashjian Greg Bashjian
@willmckinley Not being there stunk but having you and others tweet it live was a great thing and is very much appreciated and a big help.
1 hour ago

Greg_Bashjian
@willmckinley Well Will, it's time to sleep, though I'll be keeping an eye on your feed. Will u be tweeting the fest tom as well?
1 hour ago

willmckinley
@Greg_Bashjian Unfortunately not. Just today!
52 minutes ago

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Here is like a mini report, the much anticipicated Depp movie presentation was quite a bust, just Jim Pierson (yes, he has his hands in THIS Ds pie as well), just showing pictures of JF, Lara, KLS, and David Selby filming at Pinewood and telling us a lot that we already knew if one read Shadowgram.  And I was quite disappointed that Jonathan did not join the cast reunion, his presentation on the evolution of Barnabas as a character was quite interesting, but it was over a good 90 minutes before the cast reunion, and to me he could have caught his breath and been able to join in the cast reunion, but that is just MY opinion.  Still, I am looking forward to Jonathan and David Selby's performance tomorrow, that should be something to see!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A few post mortem tweets about yesterday's Fest experiences:

TunaOddfellow Tuna Oddfellow
Amazing day. I spent time with so many good peeps. I was feeling Dark Shadows over load for a while. I am none the less, revved up to play!
9 hours ago

Rosemary_Guiley Rosemary E Guiley
Saw Jonathan Frid, David Selby, other original cast members of Dark Shadows yesterday at the DS con in NYC. A real treat!
2 hours ago

ivingdeadgirl livingdeadgirl
Took 3 hours to get home from NYC due to traffic last night. However, Dark Shadows geekdom has been accomplished!
38 minutes ago

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, either the Fest events are deathly dull today, or they're so exciting that people can't even bring themselves to look away for even a few minutes because so far this is the one and only tweet about what's been happening today:

ahmiowa Aletia Morgan
David Selby has really been abailable &friendly to fans. Impressive! #dsfest
22 minutes ago

And that's hardly surprising when it comes to Selby because he's always extremely gracious in person...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Maybe I spoke too soon - here's one other:

ToddHellsKitch ToddHellsKitch
At 45th Anniv Dark Shadows Festival. Saw Barnabas and Quentin, Angelique, and Rev Trask! Hung out with Maggie Evans for a while. Bite me!
4 minutes ago

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
**RD Alert for the the photo**

rosee1963 Rosa D Foster
Nerd alert my husband getting his Dark Shadows laser disk signed. OMG http://yfrog.com/kjji3vpj
8 minutes ago

And I'm sure this guy is so proud. ::)

bobbyabate Bobby Abate
Cut the line for the dark shadows banquet. Holding court with the handicapables.
4 minutes ago

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
FrankJayGruber Frank Jay Gruber
And that's a wrap for the 45th Anniversary #DarkShadows Festival from scenic (and rainy) Brooklyn, NY.
6 minutes ago

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Interesting that one of the last reported tweets implies that Jerry Lacy was there.  I didn't realize that.  Now I'm really bummed I missed out!

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
yes lacey was there. he was supposed to do a reading with nancy barrett but she had to cancel for personal reasons. apparently they arranged for him to do something with lara parker instead but i had to leave mid-afternoon after the david selby/jonathan frid reading so i missed several late appearances.

b.t.w. roger davis' son is incendiary. imagine davis in 68 but way cuter. roger himself not great. apparently he has been unwell in recent years. but that didn't stop him from taking over the cast reunion with some ridiculous real estate deal story. made a point of telling everyone about all of the millions he's lost in some hotel deals lately. i think pierson finally cut him off. [ghost_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
oh and last night they did a showing of a 1967 CBS presentation of "the crucible". sort of a televised play that had a very DS "feel".

it starred tuesday weld but featured several DS actors including clarice blackburn, thayer david and kathy cody. it was very interesting. blackburn was as usual brilliant. very much the puritan witch crazed zealot we saw her portray later as abigail collins during the 1795 storyline. her performance there had to have been at least partially inspired by this.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.