Author Topic: 'Dark Shadows!' Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies Invade Brooklyn This Weekend  (Read 11017 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Yes, the skits were fun. [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Midnite, I hope you start feeling better!  I wish we were all closer so we could help like bringing chicken soup or something!  Get better soon!

Gerard

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Hi MB   thanks for sharing this  review.
            Love  Anne [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Thank you again, too, to Prof Stokes for the great Fest writeup!! And I do hope Midnite is feeling  better.  I myself had to skip out right before the Crucible viewing since I had to go up and call my children who were coming in to join me Sat nite and I had to leave right after the cast reunion Sunday to go back into town to meet them after they saw Book of Mormon, which my kids loved, so guess I did have a valid reason for missing the skits.  I have tried to watch the first few minutes of Tim Burton's DS skit on here but got confused when they had a seance about Judah Zachary so will have to go back to it when I can give it a proper viewing of all three parts.

As I said before, I was rather overwhelmed by the Fest, too, and was confused why JF was not part of the cast reunion when he had the past two years, but if it was too much for him I would not want him to overdo it.  I did enjoy seeing him and David Selby doing Mass Appeal together, but JF did seem a bit tired during their performance, so I do hope JF is okay overall, I am somewhat concerned....

Sounds like I did not miss much at the banquet, and wasn't that gift bag a ripoff, geesh...hope those who attended felt they got SOMETHING out of it, even after paying 80 dollars...

ClaudeNorth

Interesting posts regarding the future of the Fests.  I'm very curious to see what sort of impact Depp Shadows will have.  I tend to think that the focus will stay on the original series for the moment.  The next Fest will likely occur in August, and by that point, the new movie will have probably finished its theatrical run, so the Fest wouldn't function as a timely promotional event.  However, I'm sure that Warners, et. al., would want to have a presence at the Fest, and that the new film will be represented in the dealers' room and with just enough programming to maintain awareness and interest.

Also, I think that moving the focus away from the original series would be a terrible PR move because it could create a lot of ill will among the fans of the original series.  I suspect that many fans would view it as a "hijacking" of the Fests, especially considering their relatively intimate feel and a kind of homespun quality (of the fans, for the fans, by the fans, if you will...) that the Fests have.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 'Dark Shadows!' Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies Invade Brooklyn This Weekend
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2011, 04:54:42 AM »
The Collinsport Players' Skit 2 has been posted:

Part I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHNyiN91pzs
Part II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU4v8mmhL0c
Part III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-TpX896_f8

ProfStokes

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: 'Dark Shadows!' Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies Invade Brooklyn This Weekend
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »
Thanks for the info, Prof. Watched both Skits and enjoyed them very much.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »
That skit was too much!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2011, 02:18:33 PM »
i'm somewhat indifferent to the 1991 series but i would imagine that the reason that it thus far has not been able to generate it's own festival-level fanbase is that it only ran for twelve episodes versus the original series' five years.

most show's with that sort of critical-mass fandoms run for years.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.