Author Topic: Grayson Hall  (Read 827 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Grayson Hall
« on: February 09, 2002, 02:59:46 AM »
Originally posted by kuanyin on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 08, 2002 at 20:59:46:

It has really struck me the past two days how great Julia has looked. She was about my age then and I wish I could have skin like hers. By the way, snoopy me had to go and find out that she is a little over a year older than Jonathon Frid. I think she looks younger than him, myself. Anyway, it is great to be at the beginning of Julia being in love with Barnabas. Poor Julia, couldn't even get him to take her blood. At least he was kind about it, didn't much like his taunting her about caring for him. Now THAT is rotten! I'm afraid that Julia must like poor treatment though, not much else makes sense.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: Grayson Hall
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2002, 03:25:40 AM »
Originally posted by Julia99 on February 08, 2002 at 21:25:40:

All positive comments about Julia (and Grayson) are welcome here! I thought I was the only who thought she's looked especially spiffy (wig combed nicely) and makeup --***very*** nice. . .Those cheekbones! wow! And I can see why Steve so luvs it when she's messing with her lab equipment (the BONG-A LAB was that Bob or Vlad that called it that?? lol!)

J99
Julia99

Offline Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • aka Grayson Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2002, 02:35:48 AM »
Orginally posted by Julian on February 10, 2002 at 20:35:48:
In Reply to: Re: Grayson Hall posted by Julia99 on February 08, 2002 at 21:25:40:

Don't forget those fashionable outfits from Ohrbachs that she sports!
"Aren't you Joan Bennett?"
"I used to be."

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2002, 02:43:58 AM »
Originally posted by Julia99 on February 10, 2002 at 20:43:58:

You're joking right Julian?? the sweaters sets fashionable?? Dr.H doesn't sport the fashion stuff 'til after she reveals she's a highly PAID professional doctor! Whew. . then in comes the truckload of eyeliner, scarves, the jewelry-- earrings, necklaces, rings. . .she hasn't worn one piece of jewelry yet has she??

J99
Julia99

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2002, 03:48:48 AM »
Originally posted by Brian on February 10, 2002 at 21:48:48:
In Reply to: Re: Grayson Hall posted by Julia99 on February 08, 2002 at 21:25:40:

Grayson is and always will be one of my favorite DS actors (and I can relate to her age when she started on DS--I'm now 45--but I was only 12 when I started watching back in '69, LOL). I first saw her as Magda. . .and Magda is still one of my favorite characters. But I like her as Julia (in all Julia's incarnations), and, to a lessor degree, as Natalie).

Grayson was truly an underated actor. Watch some of her other films to fully appreciate her work. Among my other favorites of her work are: NIGHT OF THE IGUANA; THAT DARN CAT; her NIGHT GALLERY episode; and SATAN IN HIGH HEELS (a camp highlight!)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2002, 01:31:10 PM »
Originally posted by Steve on February 12, 2002 at 07:31:10:
In Reply to: Re: Grayson Hall posted by Julia99 on February 10, 2002 at 20:43:58:

Hi,

Grayson's true birthday was in Sept. 1923, which I believe made her older than Jonathan Frid (whose birth year I can't recall offhand). And yes, Grayson WOULD take out a hit on me for posting this in public. I just loved it when Nancy Barrett revealed that Grayson had changed her age on her driver's license and commented "You have to be Grayson Hall to get away with things like that!"

Another thing I remember about their ages--I have seen somewhere that Jonathan commented how Thayer David acted like everyone's favorite grandfather even though he was more or less the same age as himself and Louis Edmonds.

Steve