Author Topic: Who would you have liked to have seen Barnabas wind up with?  (Read 8744 times)

Offline Maggie Evans

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas..you can nail me in your coffin anytime~!
    • View Profile
    • The Old House
Who would you have liked to have seen Barnabas wind up with?
« on: August 29, 2002, 02:08:17 AM »
Just curious what everyone has to say... :-*
Happiness isnt having what you want..it's wanting what you have.

Offline CD_Tate

• Junior Poster
  • I'm soooo artistic.
    • View Profile
    • Pix:
Re: Who would you have liked to have seen Barnabas wind up with?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 02:18:44 AM »
Probably Josette/Maggie...   He's had so many "true loves" that it's hard to choose.  Definately not Roxanne or Vicki.  Probably not Angelique, because that would mean she wins.  I'll stick with Josette.

No wait!!! I'd want him make Dr. Hoffman happy at last and choose her...  :D

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 02:27:28 AM »
Mrs. Johnson?  ;D Elizabeth always seemed rather "taken" with him, hmmm. I think Julia deserved better, but since she wants him...I think they WOULD look cute together all kissey face.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 02:38:05 AM »
I used to think Julia.  But the more I watch DS, the less appropriate that seems.  In order for the relationship to succeed, both of them would have to do substantial amounts of therapy (and in Barnabas' case, some growing up emotionally).

None of the SYTs really deserve a relationship that would have permanently objectified them.  Also, he's got the attention span of a two-year-old.  When they got older and he got bored?

As for Angelique, the problem with her is that she's pathologically jealous and again, he's got the attention span of a two-year-old.  Since neither of them seem capable of restricting their domestic problems to themselves, that spells disaster for the greater geographic area.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

What I would have liked to see would have been a relationship with Kitty, Lady Hampshire the hard-nosed, gold-digging Kitty, Lady Hampshire.  Not the soppy Josette reincarnation.

She's got all the right qualities:
1. SYT wrappings
2. Intelligence to pretend to be what he's after
3. Shrewdness to keep him from straying too badly
4. Dispassionate enough not to care if he did discreetly.

Okay, not the stuff o'dreams, but it would have been interesting to watch and less dangerous for the citizens of Collinsport.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 02:40:02 AM »
Josette--she was his one true love. Definitely not Angelique.  She was too villainous and destructive. He just didn't have any genuine romantic feeling for Julia.   :)

MM

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 02:41:17 AM »
In the very end, I'd say Angelique, especially after her turn-around at the very end.  But then, I'd be interested in seeing what a little night music with Auntie Hannah from 1970PT would've been like.

Gerard

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2002, 02:46:52 AM »
Well, he wouldn't be a classic tragic figure if he got to end up with someone in a "happily ever after" scenario, but if I had to pick, I'd say Dr. Hoffman.  That would tie a lot of loose ends up (well, ya never know).
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2002, 02:57:32 AM »

I have to say Josette because Barnabas was so in love with her and obsessed with her through time, never got over her.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 03:09:59 AM »
ANGELIQUE... [rollr] [rollr][rollr][rollr] [rollr][angl2]
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2002, 03:19:06 AM »
Angelique all the way.  She loved him like nobody else could even imagine.  And he was ga-ga over one girl after another, and there was Angelique, was waiting for him to say three words.  Waiting, hoping, just to say that he loves her too.  

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

And he finally says it, but guess what Barnabas, shes dead.  But at least you finally said it.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2002, 04:13:19 AM »
Okay, I just can't picture Barnabas and Julia passionately in love.  I can't even picture him kissing her.

Angelique, think of what kind of marriage that would be.  "Barnabas I need new living room furniture."  "No, dear, what we have is fine."  "Well then I guess I'll just have to cast a spell and make you suffer until I get some."

I see Barnabas and Maggie Evans.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2002, 04:14:06 AM »
:-*In a word---Julia. They are so dependent on each other in almost every eventuality. More important, they are FRIENDS first.

Wishing,  Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2002, 04:41:11 AM »
This seems ideally suited for the new poll feature. . .wonder if i can get it to work??
Julia99

Offline lurkerintheshadows

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas?Is that you?.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2002, 05:05:50 AM »
With all the problems barnabas has i don't think anyone should be romantically involved with him.Whoever he ends up with has a heap of problems to deal with for the rest of their lives.That said,the only people he could end up with would already have to know about his past and be comfortable with it and the trouble that will occasionally crop up,otherwise he'd be trying to hide his past and possible otherworldly problems that crop up from time to time from his mate and that could strain things.That leaves Angelique(strange choice considering all she's done to him,repentant or not) >:(,or Julia(deserves better to be honest,but would be barns best bet for a truly loving relationship with someone who loves him with all her heart) :-*.Of course he can pick someone else,but he's going to be paranoid about his past being discovered or a new occult enemy appearing out of the blue that could scare his wife and god alone knows what 'ol barny boy will do to protect his interests!

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2002, 05:22:02 AM »
SPOILER...
What I would have liked to see would have been a relationship with Kitty, Lady Hampshire the hard-nosed, gold-digging Kitty, Lady Hampshire.  Not the soppy Josette reincarnation.

She's got all the right qualities:
1. SYT wrappings
2. Intelligence to pretend to be what he's after
3. Shrewdness to keep him from straying too badly
4. Dispassionate enough not to care if he did discreetly.

Okay, not the stuff o'dreams, but it would have been interesting to watch and less dangerous for the citizens of Collinsport.

You know, I never thought about her but they way you described her, Luciaphil, that would be a perfect choice.

Josette would have been the trophy wife--nice to look at and for the appropriate occasions; produce the requisite number of sons.

Angelique was too obsessive compulsive--love me or else. She wouldn't have stayed in the background as a quiet mistress building her cache of precious jewelry.

The SYT's like Maggie, Vickie and Roxanne would've soon grown tired of staying home at the Old House while Barnabas watched Willie polish the silver.

Julia may have been the right age for Barnabas but he never had the "hots" for her; he considered her a dear loyal friend, a devoted companion, who would stand by him thru thick and thin. I think Julia would've grown tired playing the waiting game year after year.

Yup, he needed someone who would play the game as he wanted. As for Lady Hampshire, I'm sure she would've had a few liaisons during her marriage to Barnabas just to keep life interesting.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe