Author Topic: DS DVD Set 2  (Read 5515 times)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS DVD Set 2
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2002, 06:20:24 AM »
Both set 2 and the 4 Dan Curtis discs should be out soon. My editor at the VideoHound guide just received finished product screeners.

But that means MPI is STILL releasing them late.  What's the problem?  BestBuy nearly always has DVDs a week early. . .(not that I'm crazy about BestBuy due to my past problems.)   :' (Sigh. . . I'm too busy at work and thus to tired to care.)

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2002, 06:24:00 AM »
Okay, I just visited MPI's website and the ad has now changed to say DS DVD Set 2 Available Now so that means that most likely they are beginning to ship to their customers and to stores and online dealers so maybe by Friday people will begin to have them in stock both in stores and online and they will be sending them out.

Raholt

Offline mpi_marketing

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2002, 06:10:52 PM »
The 2nd DVD Collection began shipping in the middle of last week to both customer pre-orders & retail stores.  It should begin appearing in stores at the end of this week or early next week depending on the retailer.

MPI Marketing

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2002, 07:56:03 AM »
The 2nd DVD Collection began shipping in the middle of last week to both customer pre-orders & retail stores.  It should begin appearing in stores at the end of this week or early next week depending on the retailer.

Thank you for letting us know. And so glad that you have good new!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: DC Macabre Collection & MPI chat
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2002, 09:17:05 PM »
I searched several stores yesterday for the Dan Curtis Macabre Collection (or any individual titles in that collection) to no avail.  This was suppoed to be released yesterday as well.

Boxoffice Online Reviews rated the collection a "must have".  The review includes info on the extras:
http://www.boxoff.com/scripts/fiw.dll?GetDVDReview?&where=ID&terms=3185

Curtis' MPI chat, btw, has been moved to Sept. 18 at 6 p.m. CDT.  If anyone wants to receive email reminders the day before the DS chats, go here:
http://www.darkshadowsdvd.com/webChats.asp

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2002, 06:46:51 AM »
Raholt's
For the person who had a friend that saw it somewhere, they must have seen set 1 and thought it was the new set because the evidence is overwhelming that it has not been released yet.

MPI Just shipped it...I ordered it through them and they told me that it went out late... however, since then I have been to the Media Play that my friend saw it in...it IS there...I have set 1 and all 270+ vids etc I know the difference -and this is set 2 as pictured on the MPI site

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2002, 08:30:45 AM »
Given the message above, it sounds to me like I and the other person who posted to my original message saying they to had ordered theirs from Amazon.com, need to be finding out why it has already showed up on the shelf of Media Play, but not there, Barnes and Noble or Buy.com.  Usually if you order (pre-order) from Amazon, you get it sent to you as soon as it comes out and since I pre-ordered back in May, I should have been near the top of the list of pre-orders.  

I wrote Amazon this week asking for an explanation and they could give me none, but my thinking is that something is not right here and either Amazon fouled up their pre-orders in this case or fouled up in theiir order to MPI, not getting nearly enough to cover the demand.

However, I do ask anyone who has already recieved their Set 2 or  does get DVD Set 2 sent to them in the next week or so  to please post and let us know you have it and where you got it from,  so that then those of us still waiting with have the ammo needed to really put the questions to Amazon and other online retailers that should also being sending them out.  Frankly, I am disappointed as I had hoped to have it to enjoy during my time off for Labor Day.

Raholt

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2002, 06:12:48 PM »
Let me add to what I said earlier...when I called MPI Tuesday they told me it had JUST been sent to retailers...I am not sure how Media Play got it so quick but all the stores should be getting it early in the week if they dont have it already...I'll post when I get mine from MPI...

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2002, 10:47:14 PM »
Well, having worked in a retail video store, I know that if the DVD set had been shipped out on Tuesday or even as late as Thursday, most likely it would have reached the warehouse by Friday.  If it was indeed Tuesday, then it would have reached the warehouse by Wednesday or Thursday and been on shelves by Friday.  My concern is that Amazon, unlike a store, fills their orders from a warehouse, thus cutting out the time it would take to ship from warehouse to store and apparently nobody who ordered from them have gotten any notice of shipment despite their website saying it would usually ship in 2 - 3 days.  That was up on Tuesday so by Friday would have been 3 days and still no word.  

I did notice something odd when the product is listed under my order.  It has something about being directed by Newberry something that made no sense.  I'm wondering if there is now a technical glitch.

One more item of interest, I was just on Amazon's website and like I figured, the other day, the date for Set 3 has indeed been pushed back to an October 29th release.

Raholt

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2002, 10:57:26 PM »
Checking Barnes and Noble's website, they now have set 2 listed as in stock and shipping in 24 hours.  Okay now Amazon is getting me upset.  I have ordered from them many times without incident, having even gotten things earlier than I could elsewhere on occasion but this time it appears while they know the new status of Set 3, they don't have set 2.  Something is up here and I guess I will have to write them again to find out.

Raholt

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2002, 12:05:39 AM »
I have to say Amazon has really been going down hill...which is why I paid the extra $ to get it from MPI...Amazon is increasingly difficult to get on the phone and they shipped the wrong cd to a friend of mine FIVE times! When a mistake happened once with an MPI tape they made it right immediately

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS DVD Set 2/Curtis Macabre Collection
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2002, 05:42:42 AM »
I received my Curtuis Collection from Deep Discount DVD today.  Packaging is like the DS collection.  The video (when compared to the MPI videotape releases) is excellent.  Unfortunately, the audio has some problems:  DORIAN GRAY and TURN OF SCREW has an audio transfer that forces all sound to the back speakers when one plays the disc with Dolby ProLogic turned on.  I had to switch my audio to Stereo to get the sound in front of me.  (This is a minor complaint, but I had to say it.)

Brian

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2002, 06:24:57 AM »
For what it's worth, I order a lot of DVDs from www.dvdplanet.com  They have great discounts (30% on pre-orders) and they ship things very quickly.  If an item is in stock, I tend to receive it in less than a week from the day I ordered it.  Also, their website lists the inventory status of every item, which is a great thing, indeed.

Regards,

John

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2002, 10:51:26 PM »
Well, Amazon customer service finally got back to me with an explanation.  It seems they found Set 2 in short supply, meaning their people didn't order enough from the supplier and by the time they realized it their supplier was out.  They are trying to get it from a different suppler and hope to have it to me by Sept 9.  Been around retail video long enough to know that someone fouled up and thought it would not sell so didn't order but one or two, even with pre-orders already taken.  The company I worked for could do the same thing and I never understood how you could be in that business and not know what you are doing.  Apparently it is pretty easy.

Raholt

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2002, 07:25:16 AM »
Amazon just notified me that the DS DVD #2 that I just ordered on Friday would be shipped out tomorrow from someplace in Delaware via UPS. I'm supposed to have it by the end of the week. It cost $44.99 with no shipping costs.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe