Author Topic: DS DVD Set 2  (Read 5519 times)

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS DVD Set 2
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2002, 02:36:26 AM »
No offense Carol, but reading your post outraged me.  It was not your post itself or you, but the fact that your ordered the DVD set on Friday and Amazaon is now shipping it to you and I pre-ordered it in late May and I'm still awaiting along with another board member who also pre-ordered it.  My outrage is at Amazon.   Have they lost their minds?  Do they not know how to conduct business anymore?  Last time, I checked a if person pre-orders a product  they are suppose to be among the first, not the last, to recieve the merchandise.  I was told the short supply story but if it was in a warehouse in Delaware, it is true my orders usually come from Kentucky, but they could have easily shipped it to the Kentucky warehouse and on to me or shipped it directly to me.  As it is, they said hopefully I would have it by next Monday, the 9th, but that was when they were talking like they didn't have any to ship before that time.  I ordered and recieved a  CD from Amazon in England faster than I am getting this DVD set, and with none of the run around.  That whole process took a whopping 10 days and it has almost been that long since the DVD set came out and I'm still waiting to hear it has even been shipped, little on actually have it in my hands.  

It seems to me that someone at Amazon needs a refresher course on customer service and what the terms pre-order and satisfaction mean as well.  If you have an item in stock that item should go to the first person who ordered it, not the last.  No offense Carol, I'm happy that you got such prompt service, but it isn't fair that someone put an order in on Friday and get a notice of shipment the following Tuesday, while someone who ordered it in May is still waiting.  

Raholt

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2002, 03:27:09 AM »
I can understand your anger, Raholt, but after reading all the delivery problems with the DSDVD#1, I decided to wait. When I noticed that some posters were getting DSDVD#2 through video sites other than MPI or Amazon, I decided to try my luck and place an order with Amazon since I do alot of business with them.

Since I am in no hurry to receive it, I was informed that delivery date would be anywhere from 9/13-20. That was okay by me.  Then I got an email notice telling me that it would shipped 9/2. I checked the tracking site and it supposedly left Delaware today at 7:30am via UPS.

Naturally, I would think preorders would get first crack before late orders but sometimes the real world doesn't work the way it should.

I hope you receive your DVD soon.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2002, 03:45:52 AM »
Naturally, I would think preorders would get first crack before late orders but sometimes the real world doesn't work the way it should.

Does not necessarily happen that way. The customer goes on a backorder list and there is no rank order sometimes to that list. It depends on the sophistication of the distributor's database.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2002, 10:05:01 AM »
Thank you Carol.  I have written another letter to Amazon.com on this matter.  Like you I have done a good deal of business with them as well and if they want to keep me as a customer, then they had better get on the ball and right this problem.

Vam, I worked in a tiny video retail store in a mall for 2 years and here is how sophisticated our pre-order list was.  It was a piece of paper on a clip board, but it worked and we made sure it was first come first served.  Surely a place as large as Amazon, with all their computers and alike can manage to keep a list based on date of order and do the same thing with even more ease than we did...at least you would think.

I'm sorry everyone, I know that this is not the only source of my frustration and anger right now, but this past week at the library where I work now, our director is retiring and we have just had an interim director rammed down our throats that nobody wants and is not qualified for the position.  What makes it worse is he was chosen over the current director, who has 17 years of outstanding service and had agreed to stay on until a permanent replacement could be found.  This done so by a politically corrupt board of directors that this interim director was president of until a few days before he was given the job.  In this case the wishes of the staff, the general public and even the county commission were all ignored , despite the fact that the board is there to look out for the public's interest, but they chose to betray that trust and look out for their own personal interests and that of the interim director.  I hate injustice and this situation has made me get into a fighting mode to protect my rights.  My rights as a citizen to have a say in the library that I pay for with my tax dollars and seems to now be thought of as the personal property of  a group 6 people and my rights as a customer to get what I ordered in a timely and fair manner.  Neither of these situations have turned out to be handled very fairly and right now I'm just tired of constantly getting the shaft every way I turn.

Raholt  

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2002, 12:38:59 AM »
My Amazon shipment went out today. I am really curious how they do on pre-orders of ones that come out when they are supposed to. But, for free shipping I get less anxious and more patient. I am excited though, I'm getting "Satan in High Heels" along with it!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2002, 03:22:50 AM »
Don't be mad, Raholt, but my DS DVD #2 arrived today--sooner than I anticipated.

Hope yours is on its way.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2002, 08:15:41 AM »
Carol,

I am  not mad.  I am happy for you.  At least, Amazon can't say they don't or didn't have any in stock.  You getting your order from them proved that they did.  I wrote Amazon about this, my third letter to them on the subject of my pre-order since Aug 28.  This time, stating the facts as they happened for you, unlike the other times, when I heard back from them in 24hrs, this time they are strangely silent.  I guess they cannot explain this situation any better than I can.

Well Carol, I hope you enjoy your new DVD's and  I mean that sincerely.  Also thank you for bringing this subject up and keeping me posted on its arrival.  This will strongly affect my next pre-order, which is DVD 3, which I made in July and any future orders I might have placed with Amazon.com.  Again thanks and enjoy.

Raholt

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2002, 11:57:43 AM »
i purchased the ds dvd #2 from tower video in west hollywood today. it cost about $54 with tax. i never pre order anything. if u live in a major city and dont mind paying a little extra, i suggest this is the way to go. interesting note: just about every dvd in the store was on sale EXCEPT the ds dvd! it was marked $59.95. i brought this to the attention of the clerk and he reduced the price to 49.99 on the spot and explained that he was just about to mark them on sale.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
eveneven Re: DS DVD Set 2
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2002, 03:41:25 PM »
Carol's
Since I am in no hurry to receive it, I was informed that delivery date would be anywhere from 9/13-20. That was okay by me.  Then I got an email notice telling me that it would shipped 9/2. I checked the tracking site and it supposedly left Delaware today at 7:30am via UPS.

Now even I'm beginning to get upset with Amazon.  I have a tendency to be calm, cool and collected but I too pre-ordered from Amazon and find that those who didn't preorder are serviced first!!   Today's account info. on AC says that I should receive the DVD Sept. 9th or later.

And another thing with AC that stinks is I ordered the trilogy 'House of Cards' and the third VHS tape was bad.  I shipped it back to Amazon and they charged me a shipping return fee and took their sweet time crediting my account.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline CD_Tate

• Junior Poster
  • I'm soooo artistic.
    • View Profile
    • Pix:
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2002, 09:18:40 PM »
I ordered mine from a Canadian retailer to take advantage of the cheap exchange rates.  Hasn't shipped yet...  :(

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2002, 10:57:02 PM »
We pre-ordered Set #2 from Amazon and it was delivered today, 9/5/02.

Love, Robin.  

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2002, 12:15:14 AM »
I pre-ordered #2 from CDUniverse  http://www.cduniverse.com/ with shipping it came to $47 and was delivered on Aug 30, 3 days after release.  I ordered my #1 and #3 from them as well with no problems. I highly recommend thier service

Ldyanne

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2002, 03:46:35 AM »
I pre-ordered #2 from CDUniverse  http://www.cduniverse.com/ with shipping it came to $47 and was delivered on Aug 30, 3 days after release.  I ordered my #1 and #3 from them as well with no problems. I highly recommend thier service

Thanks for the tip. I am one of those who pre-ordered from Amazon and to date I have not heard one word from them and my order has not shipped  [pissd]

So I have just cancelled my Amazon order and placed an order with CDUniverse. The price is cheaper than Amazon, even asking for Priority Mail.

I am so angry at Amazon that they have just lost one very good customer.

Bette  It doesn't pay to get a librarian angry  [burn]
Life works if you let it

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2002, 03:55:44 AM »
I got mine from MPI today...Amazon was once great but the past year or 2 has seen a decline in customer service and Deep Discount isnt far behind...One reason I dont mind paying a little extra is that I can actually get a real person on the phone at MPI and they have been very helpful so far....and  I appreciate them keeping Shadows alive through 2 different formats

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2002, 07:47:07 AM »
Can anyone who has the new set comment on its contents?  I haven't seen any reviews as of yet and would be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks,
       Joe   :)