Author Topic: DS DVD Set 2  (Read 5513 times)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
Re: DS DVD Set 2
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2002, 11:45:02 AM »
im still watching it but so far the menu is identical to the 1st set. so is the quality. the bonuses r more interviews. this time with dan,alexandra,dennis and nancy

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2002, 11:49:51 AM »
Bette  It doesn't pay to get a librarian angry  [burn]

Yep. another librarian confirms this statement.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2002, 09:50:44 PM »
I got mine from MPI today...Amazon was once great but the past year or 2 has seen a decline in customer service and Deep Discount isnt far behind...One reason I dont mind paying a little extra is that I can actually get a real person on the phone at MPI and they have been very helpful so far....and  I appreciate them keeping Shadows alive through 2 different formats

ksgemini, or anyone who ordered Set 2 from MPI and has already received it, can you tell me when you placed your order?  I pre-ordered back in July, and still haven't received mine, even though my credit card was charged on Aug. 20.  This is rather unusal, as usually when I order something from MPI, I receive it in less than a week.

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2002, 11:13:53 PM »
Hi to the person who asked abt my MPI order I ordered it on Aug 27th after trying 7 different stores here and not finding it...I got it yesterday...give them a call they are pretty helpful...I once did have a video order that was lost in the mail...They sent me another one after 10 business days had passed...

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2002, 12:44:45 AM »
Got mine today from Amazon. It's BUZZ TIME! Woohoo! So far I've watched the Moltke interview and part of the 1st disc. So far, so good.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2002, 10:38:58 AM »
Well, today, Amazon finally sent me word that my DS DVD Set 2 has shipped.  I should get it on Monday, one day shy of 3 weeks after its release date and 3 months and 3 weeks since it was pre-ordered.  Better late than never, I suppose, but this incident has given me serious doubts about using Amazon for any future orders of any kind.

Raholt

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2002, 04:17:37 PM »
Well, today, Amazon finally sent me word that my DS DVD Set 2 has shipped.  I should get it on Monday, one day shy of 3 weeks after its release date and 3 months and 3 weeks since it was pre-ordered.  Better late than never, I suppose, but this incident has given me serious doubts about using Amazon for any future orders of any kind.

I'm glad that it is finally on its way to you.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2002, 02:16:52 PM »
I cancelled my order with Amazon on 9/6am-ordered from WWW.CDUNIVERSE.COM 9/6, it shipped 9/9 from Ct. and received it 9/11. My total cost was $46.98.  I believe I saved roughly $1.00 as opposed to ordering through Amazon.

It's amazing how a big outfit like Amazon can't get it together.  They obviously knew from DS I that they had a popular item but I suppose it's like trying to turn the Queen Mary and adjust to a changing tide.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2002, 01:20:54 AM »
I cancelled my order with Amazon on 9/6am-ordered from WWW.CDUNIVERSE.COM 9/6, it shipped 9/9 from Ct. and received it 9/11. My total cost was $46.98.  I believe I saved roughly $1.00 as opposed to ordering through Amazon.

I cancelled my Amazon order on 9/5 and ordered from CDUniverse that night. They shipped on 9/6 and I received it on 9/9. That is great service and they will have all my DVD/VHS/CD orders from now on.  :)

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline CD_Tate

• Junior Poster
  • I'm soooo artistic.
    • View Profile
    • Pix:
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2002, 07:04:10 PM »
Still waiting on mine from www.dvdsoon.com -- Says on order, expected around 9/17...  I knew this might happen with a Canadian e-tailer, but darn...  :(

They do this with Canadian release dates all the time -- if supply is short, they re-route everything to the states, and push the release back the date by several weeks.  Sigh.  They just did this with the Outer Limits, too...  Guess that's what I get for only paying $39.  Great bargain, but much patience required.  Oh well.  I hadn't really finished Set #1 anyway -- not with Quentin showing up on SciFi...

(By the way -- I'm livid with SciFi channel for cancelling Farscape, their #1 show for the past 3 years...  Evidently they've changed their minds about having any original series at all -- it's cheaper to just buy repeats.  I'd skip the channel completely except for DS...)