Author Topic: Announcing Watching Project #2: A Love Story Beyond Time  (Read 7091 times)

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Announcing Watching Project #2: A Love Story Beyond Time
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 01:24:09 PM »
Hi Magnus:  I appreciate your comment about something along the lines of not having a competitive gene...I feel that way too.  And your comment about being manipulated too. I have a good feeling about the discussion of the 1991 series.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 03:45:51 AM »
I have a good feeling as well.  I am very satisfied with the rules and very glad there can be no com-parsions.  In the end this is our chance for (those who love it)  to celebrate the 1991 on it's on terms without com parsion.  I mentioned this before but since I was exposed to the 1991 series first I went into watching the original series as if there hadn't been another version to compare it too.  I think that is why I took immediately to it.  IF I were able to watch the '04 pilot I would do the same thing.  And when I watch Depp's Shadows I will do the same thing.

Sorry for getting a bit off topic.  Again I just want to say WELCOME TO EVERYONE for this special event!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »
 [crazd]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 06:28:27 AM »
Are you okay Retzev??  Apparently somthing has made you crazed??  Something you would like to say??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 07:48:55 AM »
Yes, I was thinking about saying something.  Being crazed and tight-lipped can be a scary combination.   Come to think of it, speaking purely with emoticons ain't too safe either.  Come back to us retzev!!!   Back away from Widow's Hill!!(I entertain myself with little dramas in my head.  That's perfectly normal.)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 08:50:13 AM »
The post came after my so I thought perhaps something I said made you crazed.  If so I am sorry!  Not harm intended!! 

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 09:30:53 AM »
And I was just kidding.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »
 This sounds great,  I'm seriously considering getting in on this  [ghost]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »
Oh please do Retzev!  Counting down to start date - 2 weeks from today.   [ghost_grin]
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 08:35:58 PM »
Yes please join us Retzez! 

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 11:49:13 AM »
[ghost_embarrassed] thanks Taeylor, Trask, Winthrop, everybody. I feel so loved. [ghost_wub] I was worried my new schedule at work might not allow me to participate to any significant degree, but it looks like it will. I'm in. And very much looking forward to this  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 02:35:11 PM »
 Well I'm certainly feeling the 'love' around here.  My work schedule has me off on Fridays so it's perfect for me.  In addition to the 91 version being up for discussion, it would be nice to have a discussion dedicated solely to NODS.  There is some hostility on the board against either version (mostly against HODS) and people are trying to compare both versions and I think that is impossible to do.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 05:37:03 AM »
After reading this post, I've decided I'd like to take part in the watching project.  It will be much easier, as someone else said, to follow through the complete run of the limited series than the other watching projects (which I haven't been able to participate in).  In fact, I hopped over to deepdiscountdvd and ordered the DVD set, which should arrive in time for the discussions.  I have watched the VHS version, but that was several years ago (hard to believe ... ).

I'm really looking forward to "talking" again with Victoria Winters and Cassandra Blair, among others, as well as more recent forum members.  I can already tell that this is going to be a high caliber group!  [ghost_azn]

- Philippe Cordier
(formerly "Vlad" - see other recent post for explanation of name change)  [ghost_smiley]

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008, 06:49:33 AM »
As the official CHEERLEADER (which I made myself) I welcome you!!!  We are so happy to have you here discussing this special project.  MB and Midnite granted a wish for me and this whole shebang got started as they are the coolest. [ghost_cool]  So my friend welcome to Watching Project # 2 and back to the boards.  [blob10] [blob9] [blob7] [blob6] [blob5] [blob3] [blob1]

Midnite and MB~~I hope I haven't been to foreright in being appointing myself cheerleader.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008, 01:06:11 PM »
Well, you have chosen to bypass the rigorous screening process for cheerleaders.....