Author Topic: Announcing Watching Project #2: A Love Story Beyond Time  (Read 7087 times)

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re: Announcing Watching Project #2: A Love Story Beyond Time
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »
Only a week now until we get started! I'm excited to get a chance to chat with old DS friends like Philippe Cordier (hi, formerly Vlad!) as well as the newer, enthusiastic forum members like Taeylor Collins. And I know Mysterious Benefactor is a big fan of the revival as well, and he always has great knowledge and comments about the show.

It will be a little challenging not to compare to the old series - but it will be fun, I think, to look at the show on its own merits.

My husband and I watched DS 1991 a couple years ago and we really liked the story and most of the actors. Some of the production aspects were troubling (esp. the day for night shots that were apparently not properly remastered for the dvd release). But we were able to overlook those flaws because it was a good production overall.

I have such fond memories of the original airing of the 1991 show. I was just finishing up college and watched Dark Shadows with my roomie and usually a whole crew of friends - there was lots of beer and popcorn. Everyone would be on edge when the show would end on a cliffhanger, and I remember thinking the Barnabas/Victoria-Josette romance was swoony. Did it air on Sunday nights? I seem to remember that, for some reason.

The revival series really sparked my interest in the original show, and well, here I am now - huge fan of both versions. Now if I could just make it to the fest one year.

BTW, out of curiosity, does anyone know if there was ever a fest specifically geared to the 1991 series? Seems like I've heard some of the folks from the revival showed up to original series fests, back in the 90's.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »
Does the DVD set include Dark Shadows Resurrected?
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »
Did it air on Sunday nights? I seem to remember that, for some reason.

The 2 hour pilot aired on a Sunday. But with the exception of Eps #1 and #2, which aired on the Monday after the pilot, all the other eps aired on a Friday.

BTW, out of curiosity, does anyone know if there was ever a fest specifically geared to the 1991 series? Seems like I've heard some of the folks from the revival showed up to original series fests, back in the 90's.

No. But several of the '91 stars attended several Fests in the early '90s.

Does the DVD set include Dark Shadows Resurrected?

Sadly, no. That was put out by MPI and the DVD set was put out by Sony. If MPI had only released the DVD set, chances are very good that not only would it have been a much better set, it might have actually included extras like Resurrected. But alas...

This is going to be the final post in this topic. It's going to be locked right after I post this. But fear not because a new topic for this project - one with surprises - will be posted shortly...