Author Topic: Announcing Watching Project #2: A Love Story Beyond Time  (Read 7088 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Announcing Watching Project #2: A Love Story Beyond Time
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »
I am so happy you all are skipping Nov. 28 since I will be in Atlanta fulfilling one of the things on my "to do before I die list" and that is seeing The Queen of Pop Her Madgesty: Madonna.  [banana2]  [cheerleader] [headbang] Some of my cousins  may not like her, but there is no denying that the woman puts on one hell of a show. I know this is off topic but I couldn't help but share. Next years goal is to attend the fest for the first time. Oh how I wish Nancy would return to the Festivals. [ghost_sad]

Sorry to get off topic. However have I told you all how excited I am about this project? Why yes, yes I have but not today I haven't, so it's time to celebrate again!! "Holiday celebration come together in every nation" [happy7]
[thewave]

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 01:23:40 PM »
I would be pleased to join the discussion group.  I only saw the first 2 or 3 episodes of the 91' version but I'm willing to give it a try and watch all of them.  I'll keep in mind that I'm not to compare the original to this remake...I'm sure someone will keep me on track if I mess up..I have the VHS videos tucked away and will start searching for them now.Is it possible to get some reminders that the discussion will be starting say a day or two in advance?...I like the 'A Love Story Beyond Time' title.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:14:05 PM »
We would love to have you with us Miss Winthrop.  Dig out those tapes and get ready for our start on Friday Sept. 12!  I am sure MB and Midnite will remind us the day before we are to start.  WELCOME to our party my lady!!  [wavey]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »
I'm hoping that I'll find the time to post several different special reminders as a buildup to the project.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »
I'm definitely participating in this!!! I haven't really ever had a chance to get into the original Watching Project just because of sheer lack of time, but this series has less episodes so I'll be able to find the time to keep up now I think!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 04:19:03 PM »
I am this Watching Project's  [cheerleader] and I intend to welcome everyone who participates.  Welcome Brandon glad you are gonna join us.  I am so excited that we are getting a good response to this project.  MB and Midnite I hope I am not being too over enthusiastic

RachelDrummand

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 01:58:57 AM »
You can count me in! There was so much about this series that I loved - some which was an improvement on the original show methinks.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 03:22:17 AM »
And we are so glad to have you join us Miss Rachel.   [bootyshake]  Daily I just love coming to this thread and seeing all the new folks we have who are "in".  This is gonna be fun!! "A Kiss in the dark.  You've stolen my heart.  Together. It's Shadow time" Sorry couldn't resist!!  That was such a cheesy song/commercial but the lady was funny!

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 03:27:29 AM »
I unfortunately will not be participating. :\ I'd like to, but the fact that it's a weekly thing would require me to keep the discs for several weeks at a time, and, though I don't hate the revival and would be willing to watch it again sometime, owning it is not on my priority list. Oh, well. I hope that the participants enjoy themselves, though, and I think this WP2 was a good idea.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 01:56:15 PM »
 [ghost_grin] Aha! I have found my tapes and have them all lined up and ready to view.  Thanks Traeylor for welcoming me to this new project!  Um, I see I already made a comparison about Ben Cross, but thankfully it was in a different thread.  [ghost_tongue2] I don't think it's going to be very easy not to compare BC and JF.   [ghost_undecided]

I have a question for the mods.  Will the discussion take place only on Friday's of the week that the video was watched or will the discussion for each episode be ongoing and a new topic for each episode started?  [ghost_blink]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 04:30:53 PM »
The topics to discuss each hour will be posted on Fridays, but each discussion will be ongoing until it runs its course.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »
Aha! I have found my tapes and have them all lined up and ready to view.  Thanks Taeylor for welcoming me to this new project!

No problem my dear.  We are so excited to have you.  I admit it will even be hard for me to say things like "I think Madame Steele was a worthy Grayson Hall successor" because I truly do.  However I can follow any rules because this is gonna make my year.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »
I'm definitely in. although I might have to watch the eps on Saturday mornings, since Fridays have been busy for me as of late.

I'm so excited to do this; since I don't have all the original series episodes on VHS or DVD it's been pretty much impossible for me to follow along with the original watching project.

Yay! Let the DS 1991 fest begin!!!  [ghost_grin]
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 02:51:11 PM »
I can't take part, since I have no tapes, but you've all won me over to the idea of this.   This is definitely a great way to experience and discuss the series, by separating it off from anything else.   You're also getting me to think it must be good.

On most message boards I find that the emphasis is on competition, which is automatically inserted into situations where it has no place and where it distorts our perceptions.   There are polls between albums or shows or episodes, where I feel manoevered into saying bad things about episodes or songs I love in order to explain my decision to vote for the other one.   I don't have that competition gene or brain area, or whatever, so I observe it from a distance and see how it screws things up, sometimes.   I don't see that here so much.   Even here though, it's good to lift the discussion out of the old-show-vs-new-show morass by, well, just forbidding that, as MB's done.  Good idea.   It makes a discussion possible that would have been difficult otherwise.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 09:25:09 PM »
Welcome Cassandra so glad to add another viewer!!   [ghost_grin]  Magnus if I could make ya some tapes I would but you know about copywritten stuff and and all.  I threw out my original VHS tapes from 1991 after I finally got the show on DVD.  They were just about gone anyhow since they were 14 years old.