Author Topic: Shadowgram Update #181  (Read 6367 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowgram Update #181
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 07:33:05 AM »
...problem is that I've got to find someone to go with me, because Mother won't do plane travel. And it's just no fun going alone.

I went alone to the '06 fest, and had the time of my life. Met many incredibly cool people, even met you and your Mother there! If you have to go alone, go alone I say! It's much better than not going at all, you'll have a blast -
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 05:49:24 PM »
So happy to see such a wonderful lineup - I can't wait!  I really hope David Selby will be able to make it too. 
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »
...problem is that I've got to find someone to go with me, because Mother won't do plane travel. And it's just no fun going alone.

I went alone to the '06 fest, and had the time of my life. Met many incredibly cool people, even met you and your Mother there! If you have to go alone, go alone I say! It's much better than not going at all, you'll have a blast -
I second that - I went alone to the Tarrytown fest in '04.  Except for some business trips years ago, I don't travel alone either.  I admit I was a little hesitant but I really had a great time.  I had a chance to say hello to several people from the board and also enjoyed some rare solitude (especially enjoyed wandering around the Lyndhurst estate and being able to come and go as I pleased.)  So go ahead - get a room with big king sized bed, kick back and relax, order room service if the mood strikes you...but, don't miss out on this one because it sounds like it's going to be great!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline sallycollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 09:27:06 PM »
I would add that being by yourself forces you to make new friends, especially at a DS fest where we all have one main thing in common.

Sally
Sally Collins

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 10:56:45 PM »
Oh, I don't know, Brandon - I frequently travel alone to events/functions no one else  I know has any interest in and I have managed to enjoy myself quite a bit.  Put your name or screen name on your badge in big letters and I bet you will get stopped by people on this board who will introduce themselves to you.

I went to Ireland by myself when I was 22 years old for two weeks and had the time of my life. I met plenty of other people I wound up hanging out with.

Nancy 

I was severely on the fence about going to this fest, but after the recent news I'm swayed to one side more than the other. Only problem is that I've got to find someone to go with me, because Mother won't do plane travel.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 11:02:07 PM »
Though JF is a very good mimic (can do great impressions of people) he tends to not do that publicly. [snow_laugh]  And no, as of now he won't be involved in that reading.

Nancy

Thanks for the clarification, MB.  No, I don't think we want JF playing anyone else besides Barnabas or Bramwell...

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2008, 04:02:05 AM »
Thanks to those who have reassured that traveling alone is just fine! I'm sure it it, but I've never done it before. But, I guess you've got to take the leap sometime or another! And there is a great line up of events this year. Maybe I'll go do some pricing and see what it'll cost me to fly out for a few days.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2008, 04:14:10 AM »
There you go Brandon. Believe me,you'll have fun. I've met a few of the people on this board at past fest,although they didn't know I was Elmont. When you meet a cousin at the fest I've found that they're easy to talk to. Take that leap bro.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2008, 10:57:00 PM »
as of now he won't be involved in that reading

Oh, well. The Fest is the lesser for Frid not playing Jeff.  [snow_sad]

Offline KajunDC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 07:10:55 PM »
Thanks to those who have reassured that traveling alone is just fine! I'm sure it it, but I've never done it before. But, I guess you've got to take the leap sometime or another! And there is a great line up of events this year. Maybe I'll go do some pricing and see what it'll cost me to fly out for a few days.

Hey Brandon,

Don't know if you are looking for someone to hang with, hold places in line, save chairs during the events and such but I will be there alone too (my wife is not into DS).  I met Charles Ellis in Tarrytown in August and we hung out together during the weekend and had a blast.  And it was great to have someone hold place in the long lines with the waiting times for bathroom trips, etc.

Let me know if you are interested.
"Where were you when I was turned into something even my own father loathed..."

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2008, 01:45:56 AM »
Thanks for the offer! I'll let you know if I'm gonna take you up on it or not. I still need to decide what I'm doing! LOL. (I am NOTORIOUSLY indecisive)
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2008, 03:29:01 AM »
I'm hoping to go and will also be there alone, if I do. Maybe we can all hang out together.
May you die before you want too.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2008, 05:16:53 AM »
Wow!  [snow_cheesy]
This is a good line up. Diane and I may reconsider sitting this year out after all. Flying to LA from Virginia is well, not as much fun these days but what i really missed about last year's show is seeing Jonathan and John Karlen together.

BTW, I know Jonathan does not plan on being in the 1968 recreation, but wouldn't he make a fine Nicholas Blair  [snow_wink]

Hope everyone is doing well.

Michael  [snow_ghost]

Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline sallycollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2008, 03:01:28 PM »
I do hope Jonathan reconsiders and is part of the 1968 show. The place would be ecstatic!

Sally
Sally Collins

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »
Interesting that Selby's name isn't listed yet. Considering that this is Quentin's 40th Anniversary year, it would be a real shame if he doesn't attend...
I am told that Selby's schedule is too up in the air to allow him to commit to attending the Fest at this time.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)