Author Topic: Moltke/Von Bulow Trial  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
Moltke/Von Bulow Trial
« on: March 05, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »
recently saw her on a true crime show regarding Claus Von Bulow.    When she was on the stand, i SWEAR, she was playing Victoria Winters.   it was so creepy.   I knew of her involvement in this case, but never saw pics or tapes of it.    I was so amazed.    i was waiting for WHAT DOES IT MEAN....

personally, i can't say what i think, but that's what i think.   if anyone else knows of this case, then they know what i think.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Moltke/Von Bulow Trial
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:25:16 PM »
Here's a Wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claus_von_B%C3%BClow

I was living in Taiwan during the time of the trials (there appear to have been three of them), so I have never seen any of the footage of Alexandra testifying, but DS fans have mentioned it repeatedly over the years.

A link to DS history that made my skin prickle was the fact that Claus and Sunny were married on June 6. 1966.  Cue the Twilight Zone theme...

G.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »
If that's the documentary I've seen, I don't think they ever mention Dark Shadows (by title that is) at all...just that she was an actress on a soap.  I always thought that was odd.  For some reason, I always found that odd.  I tend to forget about all that until "Reversal of Fortune" surfaces from time to time.  I usually end up watching at least part of it since Jeremy Iron's voice tends to Mezmerize me.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 07:36:44 PM »
so alexandra was channeling V on the witness stand?

that's hot.perhaps she was imagining that the prosecutor was reverand trask! [snow_shocked]

sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »
...perhaps she was imagining that the prosecutor was reverand trask! [snow_shocked]

So-called  [snow_cheesy]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 02:25:05 AM »
How was AM supposedly involved?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 03:18:40 AM »
how was she involved? wow! she was claus mistress and it was believed that he did what he did to be with her. i remember the footage of her testimony shown on cnn. it reminded me of victoria at the witch trial!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 03:34:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure, but not positive, that a documentary I saw on Von Bulow did make mention of DS in conjunction with Alexandra Moltke.  The film, Reversal of Fortune, however did clearly only call her a soap opera star and nothing more with no mention of DS.  There is a direct DS connection, yet, in the movie.  In the opening credits, as the camera pans over the great mansions of Newport, there it is in all its splendor is Seaview - Collinwood.

Gerard

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 04:32:21 AM »
I just Wikipedia-ed AM and Von Bulow, and didn't find much.  That was one of many news stories that I missed, only to find frequent mentions of it everywhere as if everyone was supposed to know already, without any recapping for those of us who did miss the initial report.    Often they're about murder trials, and I guess they're often televised, maybe on cable.   I'd consider it intruding to watch those even if I could afford cable.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 08:03:41 AM »
I've told this before here, but for newcomers, I might as well repeat it.

I don't think the first trial was televised.  But, when he got the second one, it was, and we watched it.  Alexandra had gone to Europe, presumably to avoid testifying again.  This part was discussed while the jury was absent.  The lawyers had contacted Mrs. Moltke (her mother) and were trying to get in touch with her.  She finally came back and testified.

She told of his calling her while his wife was dying, and then couldn't go through with it and called the ambulance.  It was very chilling.  It might have seemed "ordinary" in a movie or TV show, but since this was real life, it really got me.  I could never understand how the jury could acquit him after that!!

Anyway, the other part I've mentioned, is that one of our stations was showing DS at that time, and her real life appearance coincided with the witchcraft trial.  So, on the same day we saw Alexandra testifying for real, and Vicky testifying that night!!
Josette

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 03:11:44 PM »
I don't think the first trial was televised.  But, when he got the second one, it was, and we watched it.  Alexandra had gone to Europe, presumably to avoid testifying again.  This part was discussed while the jury was absent.  The lawyers had contacted Mrs. Moltke (her mother) and were trying to get in touch with her.  She finally came back and testified.

She told of his calling her while his wife was dying, and then couldn't go through with it and called the ambulance.  It was very chilling.  It might have seemed "ordinary" in a movie or TV show, but since this was real life, it really got me.  I could never understand how the jury could acquit him after that!!

Anyway, the other part I've mentioned, is that one of our stations was showing DS at that time, and her real life appearance coincided with the witchcraft trial.  So, on the same day we saw Alexandra testifying for real, and Vicky testifying that night!!

WHAT DOES IT MEANNNNNNN?????

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 06:43:20 PM »
I think I saw the same crime documentary as you, or possibly not. Did Dominic Dunne do a show on it? That might be what I am thinking of. Magnus, if you look around on the web you kind find more info about it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 07:07:26 PM »
I think I saw the same crime documentary as you, or possibly not. Did Dominic Dunne do a show on it? That might be what I am thinking of. Magnus, if you look around on the web you kind find more info about it.

Josette just told me everything I needed to know... thanks, Josette.   I have a severe eye disorder, which in practical terms means that I have to limit carefully the amount of reading I do... I shouldn't be doing any at all.   So, three paragraphs in enlarged print is pushing it (as in the Wikipedia entries), and I don't research things much, including even my own undiagnosed medical problems and symptoms.    It's as if my eyes have their arms tied behind their back, so to speak.   A Catch-22: if I start doing the fact-finding I need to find medical solutions, I severely worsen the condition, permanently.   

I seldom get important things like this said, because of the concentration problem, so I thought saying the above mattered more than staying OT... sorry.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 03:05:21 PM »
No prob, glad Josette filled you in :D