Author Topic: Shadowgram Update #181  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowgram Update #181
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 01:23:04 AM »
I caught Joan's appearanceon the Governor and JJ.  She played a character named Joan Darlene Delaney and wore the outfit that she wore on the HODS poster.  Joan DD operated the Harbor Hill House, I think.  It wasn't a restaurant, though.  It was a bordello!
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 04:05:01 AM »
Welcome, stuffy uncle Roger!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 05:29:34 AM »
Welcome, Uncle Roger!

"Lost 1968 Script"/"Lost Episode" and "The Lost TV pilot"... Um, is it possible to be in possession of something that is lost ?

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 07:08:09 AM »
Um, is it possible to be in possession of something that is lost ?
If something is lost in the forest and nobody knows that it is lost, is it really lost?  [snow_smileydevil]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 07:27:40 AM »
 [snow_laugh]

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 03:03:38 PM »
Hmmm...no mention of the rumored 2008 DVD release of HODS and NODS, which was mentioned as the "theme" (along with the possible Depp version of DS) of the 2008 gathering, although there is a segment devoted to the NODS restoration.  This could be taken any number of ways.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 09:16:15 PM »
I'm just happy that there's even going to be a segment on the restoration because that probably means that it's still alive in some form and the initial reports that Warner's only plan is to issue the 97 minute print were possibly premature. Any segment that has the word "highlights" in it can't be all bad...

Offline KajunDC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 10:17:43 PM »
Yep.  After finding out Jonathan was going to make the trek again this year, I went from deciding that I could not make it to Burbank to making my plane and hotel reservations in less than 24 hours (once my wife gave the o.k.  [snow_wink] )

Charles, I hate to hear that you will not be able to make it.  I was hoping you would be able to figure out a way.  I guess I'll have to find someone else to hang out with this year.  I'll take plenty of pics and send you a copy.  May be Suzanne will make it and that'll give me one person I already know.
"Where were you when I was turned into something even my own father loathed..."

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 12:40:57 AM »
Joan Bennett as a Madam ... WOW!  That, I would love to see.  Maybe this show will be one of the vintage series up for DVD release later this year. I know I'm excited about VCI's plans to release Honey West.

I hope that there can finally be a screening this year of Grayson Hall's Playtex commercial to placate members of Her Legion.  I know that there must be a copy of it on one of the 1970 DS Master tapes because they contain all the commercials, and the spot was aired more than once during DS.

They'd better plan to repeat the commercial at least once because you know there will be screaming, stampeding in the aisles, etc. as soon as it starts!

All in all, it sounds like a fun Festival.  AND, it's all happening in Beautiful Downtown Burbank!  Will Ernestine be on the phone lines reminding us that somebody or other is "omnipotent"?

cheers, G.

Offline KajunDC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »
HELLO EVERYBODY - HOTEL UPDATE!!!

The rate that DS has secured for us is $139.00/night.  However, if you are staying for four nights (like me, I'm getting there the 17th and checking out the 21st) then you can get a special 4-night rate through the internet website for only $126.75/night.  So going through the website, provided you are going to do a four night stay, is less expensive than the DS rate.

The Days Inn listed in Shadow gram you can get now for $80.45/night.  It appears to be about 14 blocks away from the Marriot so it would be a good walk for some and a cab ride for those who have difficulty walking.  I did not check out the other hotel's rates listed in Shadowgram but distance-wise they seem to be the same or farther than Days Inn.  I considered the Days Inn but do not know how safe the area is at night and really don't want to have to walk that far back to my room that late at night.
"Where were you when I was turned into something even my own father loathed..."

Offline sallycollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 07:51:20 PM »
This all sounds very exciting. Jonathan Frid too! I do hope to attend another festival. I've never met him at one. Great news!

Sally
Sally Collins

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 12:39:27 AM »
I really am stunned that Jonathan is going all the way to CA for this summer's Fest, good for him!! I am so glad I got to Tarrytown last summer as West Coast Fests are realy pretty much out of the question for me.

So at least Jonathan will be able to see John Karlen this year, for those of us who were sorry JK did not come to Tarrytown.

Does anyone know if Jonathan will be participating in the 1968 episode reinactment?? THAT would be neat, and would probably what a lack the other onstage reinactments have been for us fans of his.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 01:55:21 AM »
Does anyone know if Jonathan will be participating in the 1968 episode reinactment?? THAT would be neat, and would probably what a lack the other onstage reinactments have been for us fans of his.

If it's one of the 1968 eps that we're thinking of, and if Frid were to appear, it would have to be as a character other than Barnabas because Barn doesn't appear in any of the four episodes.

With RD supposedly not attending, Frid could play Jeff Clark. Now THAT would be a sight to see!

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 02:24:54 AM »
Thanks for the clarification, MB.  No, I don't think we want JF playing anyone else besides Barnabas or Bramwell...

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2008, 06:41:55 AM »
I was severely on the fence about going to this fest, but after the recent news I'm swayed to one side more than the other. Only problem is that I've got to find someone to go with me, because Mother won't do plane travel. And it's just no fun going alone. Not to mention the fact that I wanted to go on a European cruise this summer as well, and the fest is right in the middle of my cruise I wanted to book! Dammnit! lol
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran