Author Topic: Had Fun at the Fest  (Read 19704 times)

Offline sheenasma

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
Re: Had Fun at the Fest
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2006, 02:16:06 AM »
No no no....no McKechnie anything
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2006, 05:08:40 PM »
The Collinwood Players are so good. Goes without saying. I had a spectacular time at this event. The folks that put on the show are dedicated and so full of fun. Kudoes to them! They do an excellent job!
It's a blast and funorama to see such dedication and laughs. You kids really did a nice show. The costumes were imaginative and the acting a blast. Please continue the fun. I am looking forward to more of the same.

Indeed.  Their skit was hysterical!  Sunny posted on the Frid list the best photo of the Collinsport Players as The Golden Girls that I've seen.  She hasn't placed her photos on her website yet, but in the meantime I found it on a board where everyone can see it:
http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2112440&an=0&page=0#2112440

That's Peter Mac and John Schaefer reprising their Off-Broadway roles as Sophia and Dorothy, between them is adamsgirl as Blanche, and Dennis Petragnani played Rose.  Not pictured:  Richie Halpern as Barnabas, Walter Down as Willie, and Jay Keaveny as Roger.  All were terrific!

The premise was that the girls got lost while on vacation and took refuge in Collinwood, where Barnabas chose Rose to be his Josette.  (My friends and I are still giggling over Sophia's line, "Dumber than a box of hair.")

Angelique Wins, I tried PMing you... Are you going to tell us more about your skit "A Pirate's Maine Treasure"?  :D

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2006, 05:48:52 PM »
Thanks, Midnite, for all you've shared about the Festival.  I am still catching up with your witty and fascinating observations.

I was personally a bit disappointed with the clip selection that preceded Jerry Lacy's Q & A.  Although all three scenes were wonderful scenes (and of course I love that they chose one of his scenes with Grayson--one of my favorites, too, with Jerry doing his wonderful Tony Peterson thing), I felt that none of the scenes showcased Mr. Lacy's wonderful abilities as an actor.  The scenes had great stuff for the actors OPPOSITE Mr. Lacy, but he was either reacting or simply listening in each of the clips.

I regretted that they did not choose one of his amazing scenes from 1897 opposite Joan Bennett.  He was so tremendous in the storyline with Judith.  I also thought that might have given a springboard to his sharing some of his memories of working with Joan.

Just sharing my thoughts.  It was a thrill to see Mr. Lacy.  I unfortunately had to leave the Festival in the middle of his Q & A.

G.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2006, 05:55:48 PM »
Just a note about Peter Mac who got involved with the Collinsport Players when he was not even a teenager.  He knew he wanted to be an actor and writer.  This past summer he was invited to bring one of his acts to Carnegie Hall for an evening of similar presentations.  He has made a name for himself in the cabaret circuit of NYC and he got started acting at Dark Shadows conventions!

Nancy

Indeed.  Their skit was hysterical!  Sunny posted on the Frid list the best photo of the Collinsport Players as The Golden Girls that I've seen.  She hasn't placed her photos on her website yet, but in the meantime I found it on a board where everyone can see it:
http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2112440&an=0&page=0#2112440

That's Peter Mac and John Schaefer reprising their Off-Broadway roles as Sophia and Dorothy, between them is adamsgirl as Blanche, and Dennis Petragnani played Rose.  Not pictured:  Richie Halpern as Barnabas, Walter Down as Willie, and Jay Keaveny as Roger.  All were terrific!

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »
Just a note about Peter Mac who got involved with the Collinsport Players when he was not even a teenager.  He knew he wanted to be an actor and writer.  This past summer he was invited to bring one of his acts to Carnegie Hall for an evening of similar presentations.  He has made a name for himself in the cabaret circuit of NYC and he got started acting at Dark Shadows conventions!

He actually was a teenager.  I believe he was 15 in his first skit.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2006, 06:41:08 PM »
Just a note about Peter Mac who... has made a name for himself in the cabaret circuit of NYC and he got started acting at Dark Shadows conventions!

I was at his first Fest, was mine too, and remember well his one act skit as Barnabas during the costume gala.  He was an absolute riot!  The best line from his monologue?  When 'Barnabas' hears the music box theme and laments that he really hates the tune and wishes he'd instead bought Josette a nice hat in Paris, especially since there was a "great sale on hats" when he was there!  ;)

It turned out I was sitting behind his aunt, who'd brought him to the Fest, and when he returned to his seat after the group curtain call I complemented his efforts to which he widely smiled and said thanks!  Then a man, I believe he was a talent agent, came over to his aunt and handed him his business card.

Anyway, I've watched Peter grow up over the years and think of him as a younger brother.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2006, 06:47:36 PM »
Sunny posted on the Frid list the best photo of the Collinsport Players as The Golden Girls that I've seen."? 

That's a GREAT picture of Karlen with, I guess, Sunny?  Ol' Johnny looks pretty spry in that shot.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2006, 03:49:37 AM »
That's Peter Mac and John Schaefer reprising their Off-Broadway roles as Sophia and Dorothy

Here are the boys Peter and John in costume and out. I am proud to call them my dear friends. Peter wrote the skit this year and I blieve it was the funniest I've seen.

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2006, 03:52:02 AM »
I have had to be away a few days, as Diane has had a slight illness and we had an unwelcome visit from "Eduardo."

best wishes for quick recovery

LdtAnne

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2006, 03:56:53 AM »
Here are the boys Peter and John in costume and out.
Peter looked amazing in his Diana Millay costume. J/K  [jester]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2006, 04:02:26 AM »
Peter looked amazing in his Diana Millay costume. J/K

You are EVIL!  I love it!   >:D 
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2006, 11:54:59 AM »
Great photos!  Yes, they are dear friends to have . . . funny too.

The line about the box of hair still sticks with me.  I told Peter that was my favorite line of his yet.  He has written other material that's played very well in the Off-Off-Broadway circuit.  The cabaret critics praise him (them) for good reason.

Nancy

Here are the boys Peter and John in costume and out. I am proud to call them my dear friends. Peter wrote the skit this year and I blieve it was the funniest I've seen.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2006, 03:45:07 PM »
My favorite line in that skit was when Barabas, or Willie, or somebody was saying, a propos of the Betty White character (sorry I don't watch that show very often--please don't make me turn in my gay card), "She will be my/your BEARD... er, BRIDE."  I about bust up every time I think of that.  The humor of this may be lost upon others (I have a notoriously eccentric sense of humor).

Great photos of the actors.  I don't think I had ever met them.  The skit was sooooo much better than I had expected.

G.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2006, 03:50:43 PM »
please don't make me turn in my gay card),

I don't know, G., you are cutting it might close here. >:D

Great photos of the actors.  I don't think I had ever met them.  The skit was sooooo much better than I had expected.

You'd like them, G.  They are not only talented but nice guys too.  They are a real life couple too.

Nancy

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2006, 04:08:11 PM »
A couple of my friends and I got to ride in the elevator with them after the skit and I told them how FABULOUS I thought they were.  They seemed like really nice people.

G.