Author Topic: The Slideshow For June 13th Episodes...  (Read 812 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The Slideshow For June 13th Episodes...
« on: June 13, 2006, 10:57:45 PM »
...will be delayed because I just posted the slideshow for the 12th's episodes and, well, because of our recent database problem I haven't even watched the episodes from the 13th yet.  ;)  But watching them is close to the top of my list of things to do to catch up around here...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: The Slideshow For June 13th Episodes...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:36:24 PM »
Just curious--as of June 27th, if memory serves, you'll be back to the starting point; are you planning on displaying all the slide shows again over the next coming year to continue the celebration?

I'm sure I'm not the only Board member who would enjoy the opportunity to see these again.

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 12:48:11 AM »
seeing today's slideshow reminded me of how vastly different barnabas' approach to maggie was to his approach to vicki.

with maggie he was barbaric.with vicki he was courtly,almost gentle.i haven't seen these episodes in ages but i do remember getting chills when barnabas first handed vicki that music box.the storyline here is just about to shift to my favorite period on the show.

the daily nature of the show makes it very hard to go back and re-watch favorite storylines because it ends up being such a huge investment of time.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 09:11:22 PM »
Just curious--as of June 27th, if memory serves, you'll be back to the starting point; are you planning on displaying all the slide shows again over the next coming year to continue the celebration?

I've been thinking about that and I probably will. Not only because it will be nice to see them again, but there were several days when I didn't get to do a slideshow because other unexpected things (like the loss of Internet service and a power failure) got in the way, and because it will also free up some time for me to work on upgrading the forum to SMF 1.1, which I've been neglecting. :( I've loved watching DS and putting together the slideshows, but doing so in the space of only one year has definitely been more time consuming than I ever originally thought it might have been.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:13:57 PM »
The slideshow for the 13th is now on display. And because there are only two episodes for both the 14th and the 15th, tomorrow's slideshow will incorporate the episodes from both those days so things will be caught up.  ;)  And links to both days' episodes will appear in the forum's header's history box.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 11:35:32 PM »
This newbie would love to see the slide shows from start to finish.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 08:04:27 PM »
Excellent news regarding an encore performance for the slideshows!  Apart from everything else, seeing the early Julia snaps again will add zest to my summer!

G. (doing happy dance)