Author Topic: Favorite and Least Favorite Child  (Read 5058 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Child
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 06:25:26 PM »
Amy was my fav.  I really missed Denise Nickerson almost as much as I missed TLATKLS when she left the show.

Gerard,

I hear you on Denise "Amy Jennings" Nickerson!!! [cheers] [thumb]

As far as my own personal favorite and least favorite DS bambinos:

Favorite: Alexander - Okay, the kid does "fracture" the American version of the English language (or is that the American/English "patois"?) with his "Big Apple" accent.  Yet, Alexander "fractures" the English language with as much "eloquence," and, I daresay, as much "elan" as any other kid, who had the GREAT fortune, to grow up in the greater New York City-area, I'll have you all know!!!  [spin] [wavey] [beer]

Least Favorite: Jeremy Grimes - If ever there was a more self-absorbed, preening-narcissistic, pretty boy/teenaged-dimwit than this character on the show, then I don't know who he (or she) was!!! [silly] [Wolfie]

Bob the Bartender, proud graduate/lifelong devotee of the woild-acclaimed "Leo Gorcey School of Elocution and Articulation"  

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 04:20:17 PM »
My least fav?  Hallie, of course.  She was Jan Brady gone mad.

" Jan Brady gone mad" this is too funny.  Halle screaming " David! David! David!" instead of "Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!"  What a hoot.

I must say, I'm intrigued and looking forward to seeing this horrible girl.  I've only seen 1840 and 1841PT Carrie so have no frame of reference for Hallie. 
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 09:29:28 PM »
Well, I'm already on record as saying how important I feel David Henesy is, not only as David Collins, but as Jamison.  [gramophone] The most recent episodes i watched were those where Jamison was possessed by Count Petofi. Henesy is marvelous in the way he manages to channel Thayer David without doing a cheap or easy impression. He could be creepy, a pain in the ass, sincere or vulnerable depending on exactly what was called for.
     Denise was probably the other best child. She managed to do pretty good jobs with a sufficient range. She was really quite good when at looking genuinely scared. Denise is Dark Shadow's Wednesday Addams.
      My third place would be Michael Maitland. I think he has kind of a cross between "Christopher Walken as a child" and the kid who plays Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter films.   [a233]
      As a southerner, Alexander's accent puts me off my hush puppies. Sharon Smythe wasn't as naturally talented as Denise, but she did well enough. Lastly, while I can understand why Kathy Cody's roles can irritate people, and the Jan Brady thing  [flower]  is right on, I think she was also a victim of the "if its worth doing, its worth OVERDOING" era of Henry Kaplan directed episodes. For my money, one of the best and favorite moments of the series is where  [ghosty] [spoiler]David and Hallie are taken over in full possession by Tad and Carrie. Its genuinely spooky and one of the series best moments of the horror of loss of identity.  [grim] Performed well by both.[/spoiler]

Michael  [grim]
[/b]
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline millicent

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 02:41:21 AM »
I didn't really like Sara Collins, the little ghost. I mean, she reminded me of a girl I knew in elementary school. Kinda aloof and superior acting. lol.

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006, 06:45:03 PM »
My favorites:Sarah David and Amy

Least favorite:Hallie
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2006, 10:12:54 PM »
My favorite children characters are David, Amy, Sarah and Hallie :)

Least favorite: Alexander (spoiled brat) and Michael, especially Michael, he was so obnoxious and so awful to Maggie. >:(

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »
Favorite: David-wonderful child actor. Least favorite: Alexander-but a good actor even if the character was a horrible brat!
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 06:26:13 PM »
Favorites: David: He could definitely play a number of emotions, bratty, scared, innocent, and yes loving. It was completely believable, and I am impressed by his acting skills at such a young age. Not to mention it was great watching him portray when Jamison was taken over by Petofi.

Amy: She is so very sweet! I love watching her. IMHO she performs everything perfectly! With her sad little voice or angry high pitched tones, she is excellent! I can't say enough good about her!  [santa_cool]

Now here's where it gets complicated... I like Sarah as a character, she was sweet and earnestly loved her big brother, but the actress who played her, for some reason I just can't quite get accustomed to her. Don't get me wrong, I am sure she's a great person, it just seems like she didn't quite fit the ghostly, longing little girl who only wanted her family back. That having been said, I still very much enjoy Sarah, and I don't mind watching her.  [santa_undecided]

Hallie: I don't quite understand why there is such a strong dislike of Hallie. I never found her shrill or annoying. IMHO, she played her character quite well, and it is especially creepy when she gets completely possessed by Carie.

Least favorites: The little kid in leviathan who spoke with an accent, (apologies for not remembering his name) His character drives me nuts! In fact, most of the characters from leviathan drive me crazy!
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 11:20:08 PM »
Favorite would have to be Amy. Denise Nickerson was an amazing child actress who had the range of Patty Duke. She could play anything.

Love Sharon Smyth. She is a lovely person with a wicked sense of humor. Unfortunately, she isn't much of an actress. But she's Anne Bancroft compared to David Jay. Cute kid but hardly credible as the leader of a cult.
Fade Away and Radiate