Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0053  (Read 299 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0053
« on: December 31, 2021, 08:26:17 PM »
Robservations #53

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0053

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 01:58:03 AM »
David drinks milk in the kitchen/breakfast room. It’s the only sweetness around him today. He states he heard screaming from his window last night when he was supposed to be asleep. He informs Vickie that someone will try to kill her and that he will not attend the funeral.
Elizabeth enters and deflects David’s questions about last night. She’s well practiced and not even David can get past her.
The door is rapped and David answers to find Joe. A nice way to start the day. Vickie supposedly sends David upstairs while she and Joe chat in the drawing room, but David is up to his usual eavesdropping. No news of Malloy and Roger is surprisingly not at the office. Elizabeth catches the impish boy eavesdropping and Vickie realizes the same. Joe returns with Carolyn’s missing watch. She has been sound asleep all morning after her slumber party with Vickie.
Matthew comes in and says he and Roger walked the beach to make sure there was no body. After some backstory on Matthew to show his loyalty to his mistress, he reveals there was a body, it was Bill and he pushed it out to sea. A Flabbergasted Elizabeth calls George revealing she knows Bill’s location.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 03:32:46 AM »
Great opening scene. The breakfast room (as I'm calling it today) always excites me. Henesy uses the teleprompter often but the scene still works (for me). I liked the closeups on Vickie as well.

Nice to see Liz in a light mood. Bennett even changes her usual serious tone to a delightful lilt (reminiscent of her Flora voice). But not for long (lol) when she catches David eavesdropping on Joe and Vickie.

Joel Crothers looks delicious as Joe in a sweater and forward crop. Liz is dressed to kill. A strand of double pearls, pearl drop earrings and brooch. And a tasteful dress cinched with a belt and her highest updo. I've always wondered what she is thinking when she gets overdressed for a day at home. I like Vickie's hairdo as well. I always like Vickie's hair, lol.

I have to give this episode to Henesy & Moltkey. I enjoyed their scenes the most and I liked the writing therein. I loved their double conversation at breakfast and during lessons. It was kinda fun/cute. I definitely had a love/hate thing going with David, cute little monster that he is here.

Thayer David is marvelous as always. I really don't think anyone tops him throughout the entire series. I wonder how much direction he's given? He was perfect as Matthew in this situation. I imagine anyone else would have overacted telling his employer that there was a body, he pushed it out to sea and it was Bill Malloy. I half expected him to stop Liz from calling the sheriff. But no. It was perfect. Maybe the episode should go to Thayer.

I enjoyed this episode very much.