Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0027  (Read 437 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0027
« on: May 27, 2020, 06:16:02 PM »
Robservations #27

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0027

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 03:53:14 AM »
Vickie looks for David in the drawing room. Carolyn comes in and she tells her David tried to commit murder. Elizabeth remarks that Roger is absolutely useless. She refuses to believe Vickie. David is not found.
Meanwhile Burke is secretly meeting with Bronson to learn about Collins finances.  He returns to his room and learns a little boy tried to sneak in.   Now we know where David has been.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 09:42:18 PM »
When I saw this screen cap from this ep -

- as I was responding to posts on the "Caption This! - Vicki's Arrival-Burke's Revenge-Matthew Morgan-Introducing Josette" board today it suddenly hit me that throughout all this time, as well as throughout all her future time on the show, Vicki slept in Josette's bed at Collinwood. Though no one referenced it even once even as Vicki became more and more obsessed with Josette. Though, of course, prior to the 1795/96 storyline the show had yet to use Vicki's room/bed as Josette's room/bed at Collinwood, so it's no surprise it wasn't referenced before 1795/96. And after the 1795/96 storyline Vicki's Josette obsession completely disappeared as if it had never been, so there was no longer any reason to mention it. But in the grand scheme of things, given Vicki's one time obsession with Josette, it's just a weird thing that took place on the show. And actually, had it been known before the 1795/96 storyline that the room at Collinwood had been Josette's, it may have easily lessened, if not completely eliminated, Vicki's attraction to Josette's room at the Old House and her excitement at having spent a night in there, both of which were played up as big things on the show. So, in that way it's probably better that it wasn't known prior to the 1795/96 storyline...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 01:23:29 AM »
No one wants to believe Vicki or maybe that David is capable of such a high crime. I thought for sure Carolyn would get on board. Well, she does actually, just not soon enough for me I guess. I'm surprised no one looked for David at the old house, or hasn't it been introduced yet? I bet if Liz had told Roger exactly what was going on he'd have come home to help in the search, if only to ring his neck. I'm still so disappointed with Liz's reaction to all of this but I do understand it in terms of the character. It's just that we're being led to believe that Liz is starting to suspect Vicki of lying or worse, when everything she knows about David and Vicki should point her to David, even with the way he set things up to frame Vicki. The magazine he put in her drawer doesn't quite make sense to me unless he intended to throw the valve away. But we know that doesn't happen. I doubt he's mature enough to try and frame both Vicki and Burke as coconspirators.

Carolyn and Vicki's spook talk earned an eyeroll, the whole scene did, including Liz's explanation for the east wing door having a mind of it's own. Carolyn was cute about it but it wasn't enough.

Didn't like Burke much today with how he treated Bronson. I like Burke (I know I shouldn't) so his threats are a real turn-off. I guess I should understand that too. Is this the first we hear the details on Burke's plans to take down the Collins family?

It's funny, I've been thinking lately about how old David is and wondering if his age had been established yet. I was thinking he couldn't possibly be ten. He seemed no more than six to me when we first met him. And today Carolyn mentioned his age twice. I was thinking he wasn't old enough to be Burke's kid. I wonder if they purposely established his age today because they plan to introduce the possibility of him being Burke's son? Anyone know if David's age had already been established at this point?

You'd think someone would have reported back to Collinwood that David was in town and was caught trying to sneak into Burke's hotel room. I guess the clerk keeps his mouth shut unless someone waves a five dollar bill in his face. We know that David knows the sheriff was gonna search Burke's room because he listened in on Roger's call to Liz. I wonder if David actually got in the room in time to plant the valve for Carter to find. I don't remember if Carter or Burke finds it. I'm thinking Roger or Liz would have gotten a call by now if it were Carter. Or maybe he'd wait to confront Burke first. I guess that makes the most sense. I guess we'll find out just how lucky Burke really is.

Bangor Pine Hotel - I wonder how many times we'll see that location shot?

Nice pan of the drawing room. If you've ever wanted to see the portraits better, this is the episode.

Burke mentions that the Collins family own some houses on the waterfront. My first thought was of Seaview. Is that the name of the house Liz wants to gift Burke and Vicki? The house Nicholas Blair stays in also came to mind but I don't remember if that's a Collins property.

Carolyn: "We sure do breed them in this family, don't we? My mother hasn't left the place in 18 years. My little cousin tries to kill his own father. These walls shouldn't be paneled, Vicki. They should be padded!" Indeed.

Regarding Josette's bed at Collinwood, I would have never noticed that, MB. All I know about the bed is that it is the one Liz slept in until she got married. At least that's what I thought she was gonna say. She never finished the sentence when talking to Vicki.