Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0027  (Read 1173 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0027
« on: August 03, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0027
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »
Is this the start of day 4?   VW has changed clothes.   Hello, Barnard Hughes.  I always liked him.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 12:51:13 AM »
Nope. Still day 3.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 02:48:37 PM »
Hail and farewell, Barnard Hughes!

Burke settles down for a good read, then is furious when he finds out the sheriff searched his suite, then he finds out that a "little boy" tried to sneak into his room.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 07:45:10 AM »
VW has changed clothes.
She changed her blouse.

First sighting of a TV set (the only sighting of one in regular time):

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »
Really the only sighting in regular time? I seem to remember more, but....

You can just barely make out the rabbit ears!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 09:27:58 AM »
The upstairs hall at Collinwood has been bothering me for the last couple of days.  Its corners don't make right angles.  And it seems to me that if this had been the case in other episodes besides today's and yesterday's, I'd have noticed it before.  This suggests that the upstairs hall set was not assembled properly for its latest use, which of course has me happily imagining the whole process of putting the set together, with boards dropped on toes, and a couple of crew members being more interested in their upcoming cigarette break than in their work.

Or else the odd angles are there on purpose, to draw our eyes to the door of the West Wing, like water in a sink inexorably drawn to the drain.

Or else I'm imagining things.

In other news, Burke needs to hire a Vice President in charge of Human Resources to do his hiring for him, because Bronson isn't a very impressive specimen.  Burke tells him not to drink too much, and instead of thinking, “I’ll make a better impression if I stick to ginger ale,” Bronson says, “ I know my limit,” and pours himself some more.  And he didn't make sure he had all his work with him before he left New York for the wilds of Maine.  Was Bronson really the best that Burke could do?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »
Your comment about the corners reminds me of that story about the Winchester heiress who had her house built without any right angles. She was afraid she would be haunted by the ghosts of the people who had been killed by the rifle her father (I think) invented. It also makes me think of The Legend of Hell House--the original movie, that is. [ghost_blink]

I think Burke is too hard on poor Bronson--dragging him up to darkest Bangor at a moment's notice and complaining that Bronson doesn't have everything he wants, even though Bronson says it took him a month to assemble what he's brought.

Of course, if Collins Enterprises had been a publicly traded company, its profit and loss statements would be a matter of public record. But I can't imagine the Mistress of Collinwood wanting any kind of publicity, or anyone else in the family wanting to share the profits.

It's intriguing to imagine what Burke could find out in this day and age by employing hackers.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 11:33:11 AM »
Your comment about the corners reminds me of that story about the Winchester heiress who had her house built without any right angles. She was afraid she would be haunted by the ghosts of the people who had been killed by the rifle her father (I think) invented. It also makes me think of The Legend of Hell House--the original movie, that is.
So maybe I was on the right track with my thought of the sink and the drain, and the wide corners are intended to funnel the ghosts into the West Wing - glug, glug, glug.