Author Topic: Camera Revelations  (Read 2668 times)

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
Re: Camera Revelations
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 04:17:49 AM »
There was one blooper I can remember...It's not a camera one, but it's too hilarious not to mention. I don't remember where in the series it was...but they were doing the credits on a room, and in the background, Thayer David walks in...then he just walks back out. XD

Ian, the episode is number 510, in which

[spoiler]at the behest of Cassandra, Tony Peterson goes to Stokes' house to try and poison him in revenge for trying to break The Dream Curse.  Stokes switches drinks, and Tony nearly dies.  Stokes then convinces Tony to participate in a seance to call up the spirit of Reverend Trask.[/spoiler]

Here it is!  :D

Petofi

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 03:53:42 PM »
I saw a little thing a few weeks ago in 1897 that I kinda like.  It's no big deal, but I THINK it's when Julia has just arrived and she's in the drawing room with Edward.  The door is opened at such an angle that through the crack in the door, you can see Quentin come in and stop there waiting for his cue to enter.  He puts his hand up to his face for a second, slight pause, then walks in.

I have another one sorta like this one, think it was pre-1795, Barnabas opens the front double doors and I guess he opened them too much because you can *clearly* the backside of the set and there's even a trash can there!  You don't see the familiar screen of the trees that normally accompanied the entrance to Collinwood from inside the foyer!  LOL!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 04:26:40 PM »
I have another one sorta like this one, think it was pre-1795, Barnabas opens the front double doors and I guess he opened them too much because you can *clearly* the backside of the set and there's even a trash can there! 

Maybe Mrs. Johnson was doing general spring cleaning.  I'm picturing her in one of the many secret passageways, always cluttered with junk, kneeling down, just her caboose visible as her head is buried in boxes, crates and trunks, whipping things out, saying:  "Trash; trash, Goodwill; trash; rummage sale; Goodwill; trash; trash; trash; eh...I'll keep this; trash; trash; Goodwill..."

Gerard

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 06:29:51 PM »
A really annoying camera blooper (and I HATE to focus on these things) but, it's during 1795, [spoiler]right after Barnabas "dies", when Angelique goes into the mosuleum/cript to drive a stake through his heart. Barnabas wakes up before she can accomplish her deed and the newly created vampire/Barnabas and Angeliquen have a great shouting match while circling his coffin. While they are moving from one end of the coffin to another,[/spoiler] at one corner, you can see one of the backstage crew kneeling in the background. He quickly dashes away when the camera obviously includes him in the shot. It took many views for me to notice it (strangly enough) but once aware I had a hard time taking this really pivotol scene seriously. It some instances those kinds of bloopers really interfere with the story.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 12:33:11 PM »
Another unbelievable moment is when, during the closing credits, during a B&W episode, some teamster or somebody saunters into the drawing-room window frame, and does God knows what for a few seconds.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 11:02:30 PM »
My favorite "blooper"/camera revelation that's not on the official blooper tape is during a Paralle Time episode. They are running the credits over PT Angelique's East Wing room, and some crew member is squatted down having lunch having a sandwich. He just sits there chewing away,  [ltng]  and finally it seems like someone notices,  [director] and they pan in tighter to put him out of the screen corner.  If they expand the bloopers on DVD like they've been saying they will for years, they really need to add this one.

Michael  [a_monkey]
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 11:59:17 PM »
Barnabas and Angeliquen have a great shouting match

I just *love* their fights and shouting matches!  They are CLASSIC soap opera.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 02:10:58 AM »
I just *love* their fights and shouting matches!  They are CLASSIC soap opera

OK, I know this is going to be a spoiler type response but yes, their confrontations are classic soap. It's a riot watching Frid talking in a rough menacing vampire-type voice to Angelique that [spoiler]"yoouuuu no longer have your pooowers over me" " grr...."[/spoiler] and then noticing the backstage person scurring off the screen. I guess he got scared too  ;D