Author Topic: oh that was so good...Eps 390-400  (Read 750 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
oh that was so good...Eps 390-400
« on: January 29, 2006, 01:11:34 AM »
Absolutely nothing on TV, which made me actually grab some tapes!!! 1795, I haven't watched probably since 1999? run. Once upon a time, I might have said 1795 was my favorite, but after seeing whole run, it's good, not superb. I started watching just where CHOsette declares Jeremiah is going to die. There were things I hadn't noticed before; I didn't notice how long Jeremiah 'lingered'. I specifically didn't notice him bothering Angelique. It seemed like they had a good idea w/Jeremiah 'haunting' Ang, and her not being able to put him back to his grave....but after 2 eps, I don't see him anywhere. Ick ick ick....Abigail. I hate her worse than Trask (aw, comeon, it's Jerry Lacy :-*  :-* ). After 4th ep....Vicki!!! Long time, no see (last tape I had seen, it was fauxposerwannabeickyVicki. So seeing A.M. was nice. Then....SARAH!!! I reallly hadn't seen Sharon Smyth(sp) in about 6 years. Boy, was watching 'Naomi and Joshua' so very enjoyable. And, I can't decide if I prefer Sam-the-town-drunk 'regular guy' to Andre's bon-vivant 'swell'. (That could be a poll.)

pssst...I saw  :-* Joel Crothers  :-* in 1 scene...asking Barn if he 'had to' marry Ang/if there was a question of 'honor'...hyuck hyuck hyuck

Well, I took 3 count 'em 3 tapes out....don't know if I'll watch 'some other unknown tape' in a while.

Patti

PS...it would be nice if someone in the know could post ages in 1795 (taping) of actors. I'm interesting in what real age Louis Edmond was to Jonathan Frid and Joan Bennett (since they're playing his parents).
What a Woman!

Offline petofi

• Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
Re: oh that was so good...Eps 390-400
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 07:27:33 AM »
Louis Edmonds was born in 1923, Frid in 1924, and Joan Bennett was born in 1910.  Frid turned 43 in December of 1967, during the 1795 story.  There are photos in KLS' Scapbook Memories of Dark Shadows, in which you can see the cast celebrating Jonathan Frid's birthday.  The cast is in partial costume.  Louis Edmonds would have been 44,Joan Bennett was 57 during the 1795 storyline.  In reality, the age relationships between the three are more like siblings, with JB being the much older sister! ;)

Petofi

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: oh that was so good...Eps 390-400
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 12:32:48 AM »
Well, it's a miracle, but I came across eps 401-410!!! I saw Millicent (my least favorite Nancy Barrett incarnation) with  :-* Forbes.

uh um...I also saw Roger Davis. Not once did he touch his or any one else's hair!!! (Yes, while watching, I was thinking of you MB  :-* ).

I also saw Barn being turned into a vampire. Quite sad. I had never noticed that the last scene before he 'dies', he and Josette are speaking. It's almost verbatim a rip-off from the movie "Wuthering Heights", but with Josette being Heathcliff/Laurence Olivier and Barnabas being Merle Oberon/Cathy.

For some reason, I thought I hated Aunt Natalie; but these 20 eps, I don't feel offended by her ???.

Patti
What a Woman!