Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0014  (Read 559 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0014
« on: February 15, 2020, 08:18:34 PM »
Robservations #14

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0014

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 05:38:27 AM »
 A crescent moon above and pan down to the Great House. I don’t recall seeing this opening before.  Inside David reads mechanics magazine and fondles a small metal object. He then goes to Vickies room and rifles through her chest of drawers.  Vickie follows him to his room and the studio lights appear over her head.
Thunder clashes as Vickie and Carolyn. This must be the first storm.  Lightening flashes as the girls talk. The front door knocker can be heard all the way in Vickies room. Carolyn reveals her sneaky side and gets Joe to frequent the. BLue Whale where Burke parties by himself. The West Wing  door  opens and closes. Vickie blames David, but he comes out the door behind her and says it’s always locked.  The storm is fun.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 03:11:43 PM »
These early episodes try to make a lot out of a little: a simply storm, a creaky door opening, etc etc. Compared to later episodes that are sometimes a whirlwind of activity, it's almost cute at what they attempted pre-Barnabas. Though I will note that some stretches of the later episodes (particularly where 1897 is concerned) can tend to go on and on for too much time just repeating the same plot lines.

I can appreciate the more simple approach in the earlier episodes when I watch them because they truly are working to set up the atmosphere.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 07:37:46 PM »
Not liking the Collins children much. Carolyn's foolishness is getting quite irksome. David IS a f**king monster as described. Watching the two of them makes me so disgusted I can barely muster the want to write about the episode. I don't remember there being a secret door in David's room but I don't believe a ghost opened the door at the end of the hall. I love Vicki's heartfelt plea to David for a truce. Unfortunately the little fuckface takes advantage of it. I wonder if Roger was like that when he was a kid. It appears as though Vicki is helping raise two children, neither of which heed her advice. Joe meets Vicki. Nice/cute scene. How can you not like (and feel sorry for) Joe. Vicki and David have another conversation and he brings up Burke Devlin hating his father and Vicki calls him on his obsession with hate. And once again she tries to guide him in the right direction. What a waste of compassion (at this point). Joe & Carolyn & Burke & the Blue Whale. Joe doesn't like or trust Burke. Carolyn invites Burke to sit with them. Not sure this qualifies her being a bitch but I am calling her one. Burke mentions not wanting to be a fifth wheel. I think that honor will probably go to Joe by visits end.

I'm liking Vicki more with each episode. Same for Joe & Liz. The shot of the moon and drop to the house was used in episode one during Vicki's opening voice-over.