Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0013  (Read 487 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0013
« on: February 01, 2020, 04:36:40 PM »
Robservations #13

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0013

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:09:21 AM »
The meeting between Burke and Roger happens and delivers on the build up. Burke pretends smiling ease and Roger is tense.  Many tidbits of information are dropped about what happened ten years ago.  While this goes on Vickie goes in search of Matthew Morgan. She looks like a doll standing outside the massive door to the cottage which once the exterior footage is over and she enters magically turns to normal size.  One thing we learn is Roger has only been back a month. Matthew throws Vickie out once he learns she was not there on Elizabeth’s behalf.  On the way back Vickie sees Burke in the garage near Rogers car.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 03:30:05 PM »
We get treated to new outdoor footage - Vicki's approach to Matthew's cottage. And, wow, that's some cottage that Liz gifted Matthew. Is this the same cottage we see throughout the show's run? While Vicki questions Matthew I think to myself, what could he possibly know that could help her. Then it occurred to me that he could be the guy who went to Bangor every month to mail the fifty bucks. After all, Liz wouldn't want the letter postmarked Collinsport. Vicki learns about Burke's trial and prison stint. And more about Roger and his wife (who happened to be Burke's girl?!). They got married and moved to the state capital of Augusta after the trial. Why Matthew thinks Augusta would be a better place for Vicki to start her search is beyond me. A plot device I guess.
Burke and Roger have their first meeting. No fireworks but we do learn that it's Roger's testimony that convicted Burke and now Burke's revenge plot makes a whole lot more sense. Roger lays his cards on the table and Burke stays the course of deceit. Liz makes tea (lol).
More new outdoor footage as Vicki leaves the cottage, then to the garage where she finds Burke at Roger's car. I guess now that she knows about Burke's prison stint she's become more suspicious of him. After seeing him with a wrench in his hands she asks Liz if Roger has plans to go out.
One of the more interesting things to me in this episode is the setting up of Matthew's violent tendencies, especially towards the well-being of Liz.