Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0013  (Read 1114 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0013
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:44:38 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0013
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »
Burke Devlin IS Eraserhead!   Mousse it up to the sky!   ***   Tell Liz about Burke and the car AND the wrench, Vicki.   Liz, chase after Roger and tell him what Vicki just didn't quite tell you.   I wonder if the ECS closeup was meant to indicate, "You know, I might not want to bust a gut stopping any harm from coming to my brother."

This actor playing Matthew isn't so physically capable or intimidating, so maybe that's the reason for Thayer later.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 03:52:12 PM »
Burke Devlin IS Eraserhead!   Mousse it up to the sky!
Yes, I couldn't take my eyes off of Burke's big, shiny hair today.  Mitchell Ryan has a long face, so the added height of the hair was particularly effective.  Sort of like standing at the bottom of Widows Hill and looking up to the top of the cliff.

If Elizabeth had hired Matthew Morgan to be David's tutor, Matthew would have started immediately and energetically, with no shilly-shallying over trying to find out things that he was not hired to find out.  Of course, Elizabeth might not have liked what Matthew taught David - but David wouldn't have had time to go breaking teacups.

I can't remember what Matthew said the other day when he pointed out to Vicky, from the drawing room window, the home that Elizabeth had given him, but my impression was that it was a detached house, instead of - as far as I can tell - part of the garage setup.  Oh, well, I may have misunderstood, and I love seeing that whole area, so I'm not really complaining.  I must remember what episode we saw it in - THIRTEEN!!! - so that when I'm watching much later episodes with characters who aren't even a gleam in Dan Curtis's eye yet, I can go back and watch this episode, and imagine those characters there.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 05:19:28 PM »
We get our first look not only at the cottage, but also at the tea/coffee set that will migrate to many times and places in the future, much like the famous afghans.

Matthew actually eats on camera--and even Vicki takes a bite of a muffin.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »
This actor playing Matthew isn't so physically capable or intimidating, so maybe that's the reason for Thayer later.

I was thinking the same thing!-- I can buy that he'd violently defend Liz, but he doesn't appear capable of [spoiler]shoving a large stone urn.[/spoiler]

I can't remember what Matthew said the other day when he pointed out to Vicky, from the drawing room window, the home that Elizabeth had given him, but my impression was that it was a detached house, instead of - as far as I can tell - part of the garage setup.

He just called it his house.  The interior is certainly very cottage-like, and dig its kitchen before it will be remodeled into a fireplace.

DC has told the story of doing this particular bit of location filming (of the carriage complex at Lyndhurst), saying he went for a walk while on a break and came across the abandoned mansion called Spratt House, which we'd later come to know as the Old House.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »
Burke's trial was held in Bangor for some reason and he was convicted of manslaughter and that Burke was involved with Rogers wife who married Roger the day after the conviction.  Roger and his wife never lived at Collinwood and resided in Augusta.
Matthew mentions that you need strong nerves and good brakes to live at Collinwood and that he crashed.  We later see his car which has a smashed front end and then Burke is in the garage with a wrench by Rogers car.  Can one  guess what is going to happen? 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 09:39:05 PM »
I get the idea that Mathew, might have writen an anonomous book. He loved telling the story, he felt it was fine to open up. it was like you opened a bottle and things just came out.

There were alot of secrets, that he probobly knew. I don't think that he and Liz got together and talked among themselves to releive the stress.

Vickie was amazad the things that she was learning.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate