Author Topic: Time Here  (Read 722 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Time Here
« on: December 19, 2005, 07:31:49 AM »
I see from my statistics that I have now spent just over 3 weeks of my life here!!  And that doesn't count the earlier versions of this board (I assume) and the previous SciFi Boards!!
Josette

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Time Here
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 08:17:55 AM »
Gives one pause....doesn't it?
I just turned 14 days, 19 hours.  Doesn't seem possible.

I was wondering if the board stops counting after a number of minutes if you're inactive but don't close the browser.  I get interrupted, or I get up to do things, forget I'm even on here, and can come back hours later and realize I had been reading some posts.

Really on top of things,
CLC
Author of the bestselling book, "Chopin: Between The Sheets" (now in paperback)
[a_xmas]

Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Time Here
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 04:26:28 PM »
I was wondering if the board stops counting after a number of minutes if you're inactive but don't close the browser.  I get interrupted, or I get up to do things, forget I'm even on here, and can come back hours later and realize I had been reading some posts.

once you've been inactive for a period of 15 minutes, you're no longer listed or counted as being "online" unless or until you actually start to do something again.  (The 15 minute period is something that will be scalable on the new system, and the online list will actually say something like "Cousins who've been active in the last 15 (or 10 or 5 or whatever) minutes.")
The home page continues to list "Cousins active in past 15 minutes."