Author Topic: Most On Line  (Read 883 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Most On Line
« on: December 29, 2003, 11:01:30 PM »
I see from the main info page, on Nov. 12th, there were 21 Cousins logged on.

First...is this people like myself who click "Always stay logged in"? Or is it people really on?

Second...having 21 people on at same time...did that make things 'clog'?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Most On Line
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 11:22:17 PM »
I see from the main info page, on Nov. 12th, there were 21 Cousins logged on.

First...is this people like myself who click "Always stay logged in"? Or is it people really on?

Yes, they're people who were really on. People who click "Always stay logged in" aren't actually listed in the online list unless they've recently been active on the forum (i.e. reading/making posts, sending IMs, etc.). They're not still listed when their browsers are closed or their computers are shut off. And even if your browser was to stay on the forum all day long, once you've been inactive for a period of 15 minutes, you're no longer listed or counted as being "online" unless or until you actually start to do something again.  (The 15 minute period is something that will be scalable on the new system, and the online list will actually say something like "Cousins who've been active in the last 15 (or 10 or 5 or whatever) minutes.")

Second...having 21 people on at same time...did that make things 'clog'?

No. The forum's system can handle thousands of connections/transactions without clogging.  ;)