Poll

Which of the following DS women (WITHOUT the involvement of any supernatural powers) would make the most effective lovemakers?

Earlier Maggie (as Joe Haskell's financee, victim of Barnabas Collins, girlfriend of Nicholas Blair; Maggie with long brown-red hair shorn in bangs)
Later Maggie ( as governess of Collinwood, girlfriend to Barnabas, Quentin, Sebastian Shaw; Maggie with dark hair, without bangs)
Angelique
Carolyn Stoddard Hawkes
Victoria Winters Clark
Roxanne Drew (Parallel Time)
Roxanne Drew (Real Time)
Olivia Corey
Josette DuPres
Millicent Collins Forbes
Rachel Drummond
Lady Kitty Hampshire
Charity Trask (as herself)
Charity Trask (possessed by Pansy Faye's spirit)
Maggie Evans Collins ( Parallel Time)
Angelique Stokes ( Parallel Time)
Carolyn Loomis (Parallel Time)
Alexis Stokes ( Parallel Time)
Daphne Harridge
Catherine Harridge (1841 PT)
Other (please opine in group message posts)

Author Topic: DS women as lovemakers.  (Read 7791 times)

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: DS women as lovemakers.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 09:53:19 PM »
Now I'll look at how other people responded to this.

Being a happily heterosexual female this post has little interest for ME. I laughed and was a bit startled when I saw it here but thought, what the hey, I've seen dozens of female oriented posts in my General Hospital board that coo and giggle over a bare chest here and there of their fav male stars. I'm assuming the guys here will have fun with this one. I've read the responses briefly and nothing appears degenerate or totally lustful. It's a bit funny for me anyway. ;D

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 10:33:43 PM »
I think I'll take a moment to comment on each one. ;)
Earlier Maggie (as Joe Haskell's financee, victim of Barnabas Collins, girlfriend of Nicholas Blair; Maggie with long brown-red hair shorn in bangs): Now, this girl has a real...take charge attitude, especially at the beginning. By the time Nicholas Blair enters her life...she seems a little...well...too soft to be that great.

Later Maggie ( as governess of Collinwood, girlfriend to Barnabas, Quentin, Sebastian Shaw; Maggie with dark hair, without bangs): Ahh...now we're on to the super boring Maggie. Looking at how she worked on the show, she seems a little too...loud. All that screaming!

Angelique: Oh...she'll make you do things that would even make Jenna Jameson blush. ;)

Carolyn Stoddard Hawkes: I'd like super-party girl Carolyn from the start of the series. She seems like she'd be real fun to be with. Like Maggie, and most other characters, by the end of the series, she's just a little too watered-down to be any real fun.

Victoria Winters Clark: She seems like she'd care more for you than some of the others, but she just doesn't seem wild enough. Eh, who would after Jeff Clark tried to devour her face in that one kiss? *shudders* I've seen less face-eating in Silence of the Lambs!

Roxanne Drew (Parallel Time): I've always had a thing for red-heads. ;) This one is no exception. She seems like she can get wild with the rest of them, yet have a softer side capable of some real love. :)

Roxanne Drew (Real Time): As much as I'd enjoy dying for this red-hot woman, I think I'll keep my blood IN my body, thanks.

Olivia Corey: Oh, what a bore this woman was. So obsessed over one man, I'm sure she'd call out the wrong name!

Josette DuPres: This woman jumps from man to man too easily. If she lets something as minor as a magic potion or spell change her mind about a man, just forget it!

Millicent Collins Forbes: Phooey! What a stick in the mud this woman is! She's much too immature for a good man. I personally think that Nathan wasted his time. Eh...on the other hand, I can always sacrifice myself for money...

Rachel Drummond: Her curiosity might actually be a good thing in the bedroom. Let her try out new things on you that you might not have thought up yourself. Then again...curiosity killed the cat, and she's well....dead proof of that.

Lady Kitty Hampshire: Eh, like I said for Olivia Corey, with eyes for only woman man...nothing you can do about that.

Charity Trask (as herself): Oh, wow, an even bigger stick in the mud than Millicent! I'd rather have Minerva than Charity! Then again, look at her father. Hmmm...she would prove to be quite a challenge. It could be fun...rehabilitating her. ;)

Charity Trask (possessed by Pansy Faye's spirit): Ah, now here's one that knows how to have fun! Pretty, though she could pass for Tammy Fae Baker with all that makeup. We'll have to use a little soap and water on this one before she's ready for anyone.

Maggie Evans Collins ( Parallel Time): Can't really comment on this, since I haven't seen too much of this part of the series.

Angelique Stokes ( Parallel Time): See comment for Maggie (PT).

Carolyn Loomis (Parallel Time): See comment for Maggie (PT).

Alexis Stokes ( Parallel Time): See comment for Maggie (PT).

Daphne Harridge: See comment for Maggie (PT).

Catherine Harridge (1841 PT): See comment for Maggie (PT).

Woo-ee! That was fun! ;)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 10:43:38 PM »
Julia, of course.  Underneath that staid tweed exterior lurks a VOLCANO of female passion, seething to let the inner lava fly!

Absolutely darling...{purrrr...I mean...wink}.  :-*  I could see Magda getting out the blindfolds and whips as well...talk about a zesty gal... [thumb]

As one of the "younger ones" on this board, and someone who has more than a few "mature" friends, all I can say is...age ain't nothing but a number! I don't see any problem in one imagining the carnal potential of any of the adult female/male DS characters, older or younger...whatever suits your fancy.  ;D  Its an intriguing and at times funny diversion from other things...not that I am *not* interested in examining the full pallate of each character's complex personality (don't get me wrong - lol) but, ya know...
Maybe the title of this thread should've been "most passionate," that way it could've encompassed a wide range of characteristics that we all hold near and dear...I dunno.  :-   ;)

And to be fair, perhaps there should be a poll in the future concerning the male of the species on these particular subjects...

Okay, back to work--

feme-wench

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 11:24:30 PM »
Pansy Faye.
Sometimes, the most endearing quality in bed, is a bawdy sense of humor.  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 11:39:37 PM »
Julianka the gypsy from 1897. Smoldering! Dangerous! Dark hair, and 200 proof passion! Sexy outfits never hurt either.  :P !!!

Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 02:03:06 AM »
Julia, of course.  Underneath that staid tweed exterior lurks a VOLCANO of female passion, seething to let the inner lava fly!

R U confusing the actress with the character?  I watched an early scene recently with a JuliaList moderator . .Julia responds to some bad Barnabas news by patting him on the shoulder and saying "Poor Barnabas". . .The JuliaList gal said,"she's such a virgin" and against my better wishes, i had to agree --Julia seemed awfully awkward with the fella. .. now who's to say that after a few glasses of Bushmills neat Julia wouldn't go wild! (No videos please!)  :P
Julia99

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 06:39:10 PM »
Pansy Faye.

Ture, as long as one doesn't laugh at "the mighty sword"!  LOL!   ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 07:26:29 PM »
Angelique Bouchard Collins was certainly a one woman man, but she was able to feign interest in others when it suited her purpose, but I think she certainly was one of the most passionate DS women, and I agree she probably scared Barnabas, mostly probably for the passion she brought out in him, if you think about it Barnabas was pretty emotionally repressed for most of the series, the most passion we see him display is to Angelique in 1795, and he appears the most distraught at her death in 1840...

I think this is an interesting topic, too, not sexist!!

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 08:39:37 PM »
I agree she probably scared Barnabas, mostly probably for the passion she brought out in him, if you think about it Barnabas was pretty emotionally repressed for most of the series, the most passion we see him display is to Angelique in 1795, and he appears the most distraught at her death in 1840...

Very true!  He was a typical, "Colonial" gentleman, emotionless on the outside.  Some fan once said, not on these forums, on the Alt.tv.DS boards, that Bramwell was tepid (luke-warm) compared to Barnabas, and nothing could be further from the truth.  Now that man had *passion*!  And wasn't afraid to show it, especially when Catherine was around.  He was just as passionate when he was pissed about something too as he had a nasty temper, but could mack w/the best of them too.  I think Catherine even once warned him not to put himself into "one of his vicious tempers" when he's railing on Morgan.

But getting back to Barnie, those scenes between him and Angelique in 1795, like when she sneaks up to his bedroom and they kiss, were pretty HOT for DS, LOL!  Jonathan ... w/Lara, whether she was Angelique or Catherine.  Those two had probably the best chemistry on DS, IMHO.   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 09:20:20 PM »
I agree she probably scared Barnabas, mostly probably for the passion she brought out in him

Another thought just occured to me, in those bedroom scenes where they're kissing passionately, when he breaks away from her at last, he seems almost ashamed that he was kissing her.  I think he even apoligizes to her, but it's been awhile since I've watched 1795.  Anyone remember this?
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005, 01:38:54 AM »
Pansy Faye.

I hear you on that! Heck, I'll bet that those four liberated women on "Sex and the City" (but most especially, Samantha), not to mention all of those numerous paramours of various and sundry P'sOTUS, would wholeheartedly attest to the positive benefits of laughter in the bedroom.

And, I reaize that they lived several decades apart, but wouldn't it have been great fun to have seen those two "wild-and-crazy" Dark Shadows kids, namely Abigail Collins and Mordecai Grimes, get together in the Biblical "sense"?

I mean, with all of comedic, sexual tension, crackling between them, it would almost be like witnessing the budding romance of Mae West and Buddy Hackett! 

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 04:12:35 AM »
Pansy Faye.

Ture, as long as one doesn't laugh at "the mighty sword"!  LOL!   ;)

As I said elsewhere, quote Randy Newman to me all you like.  "Why must everyone laugh at my mighty sword?!"
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2005, 04:25:39 AM »
Pansy Faye.

I hear you on that! Heck, I'll bet that those four liberated women on "Sex and the City" (but most especially, Samantha), not to mention all of those numerous paramours of various and sundry P'sOTUS, would wholeheartedly attest to the positive benefits of laughter in the bedroom.

And, I reaize that they lived several decades apart, but wouldn't it have been great fun to have seen those two "wild-and-crazy" Dark Shadows kids, namely Abigail Collins and Mordecai Grimes, get together in the Biblical "sense"?

I mean, with all of comedic, sexual tension, crackling between them, it would almost be like witnessing the budding romance of Mae West and Buddy Hackett! 

You just like saying "POTUS", don't you?  Well, so do I.

Yes, I could feel the sexual tension between Abigail and Mordecai, even across the 45 years separating them.     I'll bet she taught him in Sunday school, or something, and afterward.... she taught him how to glower disapprovingly.     I saw where I was going, and had to take a sharp u-turn just then!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Fletcher

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2005, 04:27:13 AM »
What was the name of the mighty sword that Aristeide flashed around?  I remember he named his.  I also remember, it was curvey and he threatened people with it.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2005, 04:48:16 AM »
What was the name of the mighty sword that Aristeide flashed around?  I remember he named his.  I also remember, it was curvey and he threatened people with it.

It was a knife that he called the Dancing Girl, which later matured into the Dancing Lady.   :)