Author Topic: ** Forum Time **  (Read 5056 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: ** Forum Time **
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2019, 11:25:06 PM »
Not sure if this is what you've been talking about, as this would be more of a "flash forward"!  I just posted something at 1:21 a.m. (possibly 1:19 when the actual post went through) and I notice that it's listed as TODAY at 6:19 p.m.!!!!
Josette

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2019, 11:27:14 PM »
And the same thing just happened with my above post reporting it, and more than likely will happen to this one, too.  I presently have 1:27 AM Eastern.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »
I wasn't around at the time, so I can't know what happened. But given that the forum is currently showing your posts as having been made "yesterday," I would have to say that you were flashed-back. Plus the timestamp code in the database also shows that your three posts were made 7 hours before their actual time: at 06:19:41 PM on June 9th rather than 01:18:41AM on June 10, at 06:25:06 PM on June 9th rather than 01:25:061AM on June 10, and at 06:27:14 PM on June 9th rather than 01:27:14AM on June 10. And being stamped 7 hours before the actual time of a post is exactly how the weird flashed-back phenomenon has been working.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2019, 02:41:28 AM »
The whole thing is very weird, but while they now show up as being posted 7 hours earlier than they were, the initial listing was 17 hours in the future, which was REALLY weird!!
Josette

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2019, 09:57:33 PM »
I don't know if the time has remained "off" or if it happened again.  I just happened to notice that my 11:54 (Eastern) post is showing up as 4:54.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »
There was a while there when the forum wasn't doing it and I hoped that perhaps it had passed. But flashed-back time has been back in full force the last few weeks - sometimes even lasting for hours for some members. Who knows?! I can't think of any reason why it should be happening...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2019, 05:18:36 PM »
I hadn't noticed any flashed-back posts since July 29. But just to be sure I just went through the database and it's true that there haven't been any. Can we believe that maybe the phenomenon is gone? Well, I've thought so in the past only to have it return. But maybe, just maybe, it has because this is the longest period of time it has gone without happening...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2020, 01:55:35 PM »
The time is acting differently than it normally has with this host once we get to Daylight Savings Time. That could be because we're on a different server since switching to a new plan. Though I doubt that's it because things worked the same just yesterday when it was still Standard Time. So perhaps our host has done something differently. In the past the server we were hosted on was located in Arizona, which doesn't participate in DST. But perhaps this year the server's own time is set up differently for DST. I suppose we'll see. But if the forum's time is showing up correctly for everyone, I suppose I won't worry about it. For me it's showing up fine on both my PC and my phone...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2020, 12:09:08 AM »
Everything seems to be working correctly. Even the Robservations slideshows changed on time as they should have. I had some worries about that because of changes to support of the code that runs them (the computer language it's written in is a newer version on the new server we're on and it handles Daylight Savings Time differently) - but they worked...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2020, 05:05:03 AM »
And the other slideshows work too.  [thumb]