Author Topic: DS Documentary announced  (Read 2963 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #413: DS Documentary Event in NYC
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 11:55:21 PM »
SHADOWGRAM UPDATE NUMBER 413
SUNDAY, JANUARY 20, 2019

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

***** DARK SHADOWS DOCUMENTARY FILM PREMIERE & DS GUESTS EVENT - NEW YORK CITY -APRIL 13, 2019

Recent SHADOWGRAM UPDATES announced and reported about “MASTER OF DARK SHADOWS.” This new full-length documentary film traces the history – 50+ years – of DARK SHADOWS and the career of its creator/executive producer Dan Curtis.

The film will debut in a special premiere screening in Manhattan (NYC) on Saturday, April 13. The afternoon and evening event also will feature DARK SHADOWS guest appearances - including actors and production personnel, discussions, autograph signing/photo opportunities, a variety of DARK SHADOWS items for purchase, prizes, and an optional dinner gathering for fans and the DARK SHADOWS guests.

This feature-length documentary is narrated by actor Ian McShane, who appeared in Curtis' monumental production of War and Remembrance. It presents rare footage as well as commentary from numerous DARK SHADOWS cast and crew members, network and production personnel, television historians, and others.

SHADOWGRAM UPDATES will announce the location and other confirmed details shortly. The UPDATES also will report further information as available.

Previously, a "sneak-peek" preview of the documentary was held in Los Angeles on Oct. 20, 2018 on the evening of the Hollywood Celebrity Autograph Show, in which several DS personnel participated. (See recent SG Updates).

Marie Wallace has been promoting the event on her social media so se can assume she will be one of the guests in attendance. Donna Wandrey tends to do the small east coast events and maybe Kathyrn will make an appearance given since this is sort of a big deal.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: DS Documentary announced
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 04:44:58 AM »
This article states that the disc will contain "more than an hour" of extras, including something they're calling a DS "set visit"--I presume this means material related to the production of the 1960s series.

Gothick, it might refer to a covert trip to the 53rd St. studio by Pierson, KLS and a film crew following the 50th Anniversary Fest.  A couple of friends happened to be there when everybody pulled up.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 03:33:36 AM »
well Amazon prime also has DS as well. and i was watching Police Squad episode #1 and who do i see in it but our Maggie Evans in a blond wig. i hadn't realized she even did that show and i've seen that episode many times but not for years.

anyways man i wish something like this would come to Cleveland or maybe closer here in ohio instead of New York or places even farther i can't afford to go to those places sadly.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 03:42:49 AM »
i hadn't realized she even did that show and i've seen that episode many times but not for years.
I didn't recognize her the first time I saw it. The second time, Shadowgram announced it would be on, so I was looking for her.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 03:17:07 PM »
well Amazon prime also has DS as well. and i was watching Police Squad episode #1 and who do i see in it but our Maggie Evans in a blond wig.

Well, most of the time...

It would have been nice to see her continue with comedy roles. I thought she was very good in that episode.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 03:40:46 AM »
oh she was brilliant in it and it looked like she was having fun too