Author Topic: DECADES TV Network Presents 'Dark Shadows' Barnabas Episodes Starting Halloween Week  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Not quite sure why DS is the a highlight for tomorrow and not tonight -

TV picks for Oct. 30: 'Dark Shadows,' 'Virginia 12th,' 'The Degenerates'

- well, unless it's because that's when Barnabas actually shows up - in which case that's a slap in the face to the other characters - but then, so what else is new...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just noticed this new graphic on Decades' Web site now that DS has begun:

(Click here for a 1200X628 version)

How can they not realize they're promoting both DS and The Fugitive as being on at the same time:

[hall2_rolleyes]  (Not to mention that they have The Fugitive on at 9:30am PT rather than pm.  [sad3])

Though at least their daily schedule has DS listed correctly at 12am ET...

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Oops...Lol. Then again, it kind of reminds me of the blended commercials ME TV runs - like when Kirk and Spock go thru the time portal and end up in Mayberry..lol. Course I could easily see Richard Kimble on the run from Barnabas as well.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I came across this year-end report on TV viewership -

Most-Watched Television Networks: Ranking 2018’s Winners and Losers

- and noticed that Decades doesn't even show up in the chart rankings at the bottom of the article. Now, perhaps for some reason Decades wasn't considered. But if it doesn't show up because its viewership is even lower than Comedy TV, which has only 1000 viewers, well, then Decades is really in trouble...

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Interesting list. At first, I thought the list was only tracking cable networks but digital channels such as ME TV and Cozi TV were included ( love ME TV and glad it is doing so well.)  So unfortunately , Decades really needs to get affiliates back and more eyeballs because like ratings, it's hard to argue with these numbers. I have a feeling like Midnight Texas, this isn't going to end well for Decades.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Oh, I did email them about the incorrect time for DS in their promo. Somebody must have finally noticed because it's been corrected. However The Fugitive is still listed as am Pacific time. LOL.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
On a social media DS fan group today (in fact, most likely on several of the groups), a fan posted a trailer that Decades started showing, advising viewers that that famous "seance has been held" is going to happen on April 29, with some scenes from the 1795 storyline featured in the trailer.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Unfortunately their Web site is still showing an earlier promo. Maybe it will show up as 1795 draws closer because there's still more than a month before it begins.

It is nice that DS is still one of the shows Decades is promoting right at the top of their opening page.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The seance and 1795 storyline starts tonight on Decades.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
We lost Decades from our cable last month, but checking their schedule it looks like they will continue showing Dark Shadows beyond the 1 year agreement. However they will stop where they are at in the Dr. Lang story and go back to the Willie release of Barnabas episode.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That's too bad - but I suppose it's not surprising that they're not paying for another year's worth of eps. Decades doesn't seem like a network with a lot of money to shell out for programming and the distributors of DS have had a reputation for charging quite a bit for the show.

Thanks for the info, patrick.  [hall2_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Comcast Adds Three New Digital OTA Channels

Mentions how Decades now airs DS...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Does Decades have more new DS eps? I received a Google link to a page dated 03/03/2020 on Decades' site which has a video promo for "new to decades" ep. However, all the clips in the promo look like they're from eps that have already been shown (eps leading up to 1795 and eps from 1795), so it doesn't look like they're actually new...