Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1198  (Read 470 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1198
« on: February 09, 2018, 01:02:01 AM »
Robservations #1198

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1198

FAREWELL, JERRY LACY!

Jerry Lacy makes his final appearance on DS in this ep...

FAREWELL, BARNABAS, JULIA, ANGELIQUE, LIZ, & STOKES!

All five of those characters make their final appearance on DS in this ep...

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 01:15:52 AM »
Barnabas struggles with Trask and cries out for Julia. Angelique asks to be held and he says he loves her, but she is already gone. He kisses her lifeless body. Trask gets up and stabs Barnabas and he retaliates. Trask falls into the PT room as it changes. Barnabas goes downstairs and as Julia tends his wound, he reveals to her that Angelique was his only love. ???
Leticia and Desmond reunite and are going to New York to marry.  Barnabas, Julia and Stokes go back on the stairs. They want Desmond to destroy the stairs and he does. Collinwood is there in 1971 and Elizabeth comes in saying they are late for a historical society meeting. Back in 1841 Desmond and Leticia see the PT room and Trask dies in it. PT JUlia Collins finds him.
Maybe Barnbas is so grief stricken that he is insensitive to Julia's feelings, but doubtful as he always goes on and on about he great loves. I recall being thrilled at the time because I had thought they belonged together since Vampire Angelique.So what if they got to 1971 Collinwood and it was not there?  What was Stokes doing up to the end?  I remember being so disappointed they did not return to 1971, but went to 1841 PT.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:55:40 AM »
Three time periods in one episode. A record of sorts, I guess. Some loose ends need to be tied up in 1840, so we see Lamar shoot a now human Angelique. Good aim, dude. This prompts a confession from Barnabas that he loves her. Bad timing, huh? Or some variation of Stockholm Syndrome? I found the tentative reconciliation between Barnabas and Angelique Rumson towards the end of the Leviathan story to be much more credible and interesting. 1840 Angelique starts off as a lot nastier than the character had been for some time and her sudden mellowing is not as well handled.
Fight scenes are not always one of the show's strong points. Barnabas somehow pushes Trask into the PT room. Oh, well. It's not like anyone's going to miss him.
Barnabas is a mass of indecision but Eliot and Julia insist that he return to the 20th century, just in time for Desmond to overhear. About time someone's eavesdropping paid off. The three head up the staircase, just as Desmond starts to destroy it. What this may or may not have accomplished goes unsaid.
Collinwood looks considerably different than it did before all the 1995/1970 stuff began. But where are the people? Apparently, no one thought to use the phone to check on anyone. Just then, Elizabeth walks in. Not possessed Elizabeth. Not zombified Elizabeth. But a warm, vivacious Elizabeth, the likes of which we hadn't seen in some time. The rest of the family (Roger, Carolyn, Quentin, Hallie and David) are at a meeting for the historical society. No mention is made of Maggie, Sebastian, Willie or Roxanne. The four characters leave Collinwood and are never seen again, though we didn't know it at the time. 😢😢😢
I loathed the 1840 story when I saw it originally and I loathe it now. I am okay with PT1841. It has a much smaller cast and the players, except for Prentice, Jackson and to a lesser extent Cody, are veterans. The stories are somewhat easier to follow. You don't need to be up on the ins and outs of four or five other time periods to keep up. The clothes are magnificent. Still, I would have much preferred to have gone back to the contemporary characters.
Fade Away and Radiate